Canadian ice fishing trip suggestions

Bills25

Thanks for the input guys I’m actually going to quinte in June never been there before. I am currently doing some research on places to stay, is there an area you guys would say is better fishing in June? I’d like to find a cottage in area I don’t have to drive too far in the boat. I can get upto 40mph I’m not too limited but if I could I’d like to keep it under 15 miles one way to the farthest place we would be fishing. Thanks for the input guys.

Appreciate the info on Stoco horse hunter did some research seems like a cool lake, I am highly considering fishing that tourney this weekend!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Crappie tournament not this weekend but the 25th and apparently sold out . Another tournament in the spring on soft water. Dave Chatterton Fish finder charters posted on the Quinte board he had his ice huts open on Quinte now usually in the Trenton area i think he has some bungalows as well where you can stay right on the ice. If your up this way in June Stoco muskies are well worth a day.  

Edited by horsehunter

Quinte in June...

Try booking at the Picton Harbour Inn. Scott Walcott of Bay of Quinte charters (amazing new boat, 34 Kingfisher) is the owner. Breakfast restaurant on site, boat slips out your door. If your not getting bites, I'm sure you could get some tips from Scott. Or try Merland Park for more of a cottage setup.

You will easily be able to fish Hay Bay, Sherman's, Thompsons, Keith Shoal etc. Etc. from that hotel. Lakers will still be going out by Amherst and the Gap.

A longer run but do able. I've had fun chasing bows at Main Duck in June. The smallie fishing can be great there.

A short trailer ride to Wellington can get you on Ontario and West lake. Scotch bonnet will be holding lakers, browns, bows and some salmon could be arriving if later June. West lake is full of eater size eyes.

Walcott's own a trailer park on West Lake as well. Probably some rental units there.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info, going to be targeting eyes, but wouldn’t complain about getting into some trout and smallies. I looked at merland park I liked there set up, I’ll have to check out the other places too.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Quinte soft water - check out Lloyd Duame with U and Me guide service.  I know he primarily fishes the Bay in May and then September to December.  He's part of a network of guides that run out of Picton harbour inn (Scott Walcott)  Switching over to the salmon/trout in June-September

http://www.bayofquintewalleyefishing.com

As for Ice fishing Simcoe all the way if you are looking for perch, lake trout or whitefish.  Perch spots are pretty much good to go no with operators starting this weekend.  if you are looking for an amazing whitefish/lake trout experience - check out Fatal Force Outfitters on facebook.  For Perch, there are tons of operators.  Pm if you want I can recommend one based on whether you wanna do a bungalow on ice exprience or just a day hunt rental.   I grew up religiously ice fishing Simcoe and put over 40 days on the hardwater there during the Jan 1- March 15 season

Edited by Puck5760