North Eastern PA Fisherman

JZTIRF

Friendly hello.  My name is Jason.  I bought a cabin at the North End ok Lake Wallenpaupack Pike County North Eastern Pennsylvania.  I can drive 5 minutes to the main boat launch or walk 5 minutes to the dock at the marina. The lake is 13 miles long.  I would like to target the Striped and Hybrid Bass, Walleye, and Brown Trout.  I am very invested on learning how to fish this lake and would enjoy hearing any suggestions.  

I’ve caught some nice channel cats fishing chicken livers at night.  I have also caught hybrid striped bass in the Spring, May/June, on chicken livers.  I can’t find the walleye or the brown trout.  

I have a 17ft Sea Nymph Fishing Machine FM - 160 Boat Rebuild in process.  I have spent some time reading posts on here with good suggestions and valuable information.  You guys inspired me on the boat rebuild as this 1976 aluminum hull boat looks like an easy rebuild.  As a matter of fact, I have plans to make the boat even more user friendly for trolling, mounting downriggers, etc.   I like the idea of using the PVC Board for the transom and TuffCoat rubber sealant instead of carpet over 3/4” high grade outdoor plywood for the decking.   

I hope to post some pics, tell some stories, and get some tips.  

Thanks,

Jason 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Welcome Jason,

you picked a great site to join. Lots of great members willing to help. Unfortunately u may not find much info on the Pack here. I am from Lake Ariel,PA. I spend a good amount of time on the pack when I’m not fishing Lake Ontario. Lake Wallenpaupack is one of the hardest lakes I’ve fished and took me 4 years to catch a fish. Lol. Shot me a PM and i will try to help to get ya started there. I run a 25ft blue and white trophy rigged with planer mast and riggers. U may have seen me launching from the state launch bein there isn’t many boats on the lake rigged for Lake Ontario.