Wanted Kids Fishing Club - THANK YOU

Hi LOU Community,

I am working with a close friend at Gates Chili Middle School in developing a fishing club. Currently there are 14 members. Most of the young anglers are interested mostly in bass and perch. If any of you have unwanted tackle that you would like to donate to the group, we would be forever grateful. I can also work a deal out with anyone if I can trade some of my trolling gear for gear for the kids. Thanks in advance for anyone considering donating.

-Chris

Edited by C3M
Thank You
  • Like 2

Great stuff Chris!

What are you in most need of? Next trip to Walmart I’d be happy to pick up some stuff for your club. You can pick the stuff up at my job in Penfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bandrus1 said:

Hi Chris

Would any of the kids be interested in fly fishing or into trib fishing yet?

I do not think most of them have ever been trib or fly fishing but I am sure they would try it!

2 hours ago, whaler1 said:

Great stuff Chris!

What are you in most need of? Next trip to Walmart I’d be happy to pick up some stuff for your club. You can pick the stuff up at my job in Penfield.

Thats really nice of you - some line would be helpful (8-10# mono). Appreciate you doing that!

• Like 1

Hi LOU Community,

I am working with a close friend at Gates Chili Middle School in developing a fishing club. Currently there are 14 members. Most of the young anglers are interested mostly in bass and perch. If any of you have unwanted tackle that you would like to donate to the group, we would be forever grateful. I can also work a deal out with anyone if I can trade some of my trolling gear for gear for the kids. Thanks in advance for anyone considering donating.

-Chris

Let's talk. I can certainly help out.

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

19 hours ago, C3M said:

Hi LOU Community,

-Chris

I have some misc stuff, plastics, line, etc. I also have a few spinning reels that I just don't use anymore. They are lower end so to speak but work fine.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the responses. My hope is to put together a rod and reel along with a small tackle box for each kid with anything from plastics to lures that will catch anything that you might find in a pond or off the piers.

Anything more then that I will be pooling together and create a fishing derby for all of them with the top couple anglers getting a goody bag of equipment.

my address is 18 Highland Drive Penfield NY 14526

Appreciate it again!

Thanks,

Chris McConnell

Love to see everyone supporting the next generation. Really Good stuff!! Wish I had some extra gear!!! my sons are at the age that they are pilfering my equipment every time i turn around[emoji23].

On 1/20/2020 at 11:02 AM, C3M said:

Thanks for all the responses. My hope is to put together a rod and reel along with a small tackle box for each kid with anything from plastics to lures that will catch anything that you might find in a pond or off the piers.

Anything more then that I will be pooling together and create a fishing derby for all of them with the top couple anglers getting a goody bag of equipment.

my address is 18 Highland Drive Penfield NY 14526

Appreciate it again!

Thanks,

Chris McConnell

I put a box of goodies together. I will try to get it out this week for you.