Taxidermist delivers!

I received my 2008 mount from my taxidermist this weekend. It’s a 32#, 0 oz, 43 inch king I caught on 8/10/08. It was a week after the Little Salmon River Challenge and a week before the Fall LOC. My wife and I were fishing on our first anniversary. This was the second hit on a king double. My wife was 15 minutes into a 15 # king when this guy slammed the thumper. The thumper was out 210 feet with a 16 oz ball over 290 FOW and 2.0 mph. Thank God for autopilots or this would have been a royal FUBAR. As it was, we were forced to pull everything because this guy had his own agenda.

I had Fran Mosier of Wildlife Art Taxidermy in Mexico, NY mount it on drift wood instead of a more common oval plaque. I also had Fran include the rig he fell victum to. It was all from A-Tom-Mik, the Pro-Am Tournament fly behind his green trash can dodger. The fly was a rattler, not an e-chip.

Tom at A-Tom-Mik: I need another of these dodgers!

I caught a 29#, 14 oz king on my very first trip to Lake O in 2005. It took me 4 seasons to add those extra 2 ounces and break the 30# mark. I did manage to land a larger male king on the Salmon River this October but, this guy was already at Fran's. My wife hopes to knock mine off the wall this year with a larger fish. I hope she does.

Fran does GREAT work and comes highly recommended.

32Kingcloseup.jpg

Here's a shot showing the fly and dodger.

32Kingmouthangle.jpg

I might as well add a shot of my first Lake O king. Fran did not do this one and you can see it's not nearly as good as Fran's work.

2914ozking.jpg

cool ..i love that fly been running it behind a mtndew /chartruce edge spin dctr that puppy has had more teeth it than i can count almost no paint left on the stinger and maybe 20 pcs of mylar left .ive put 40 or 50 lakers on it in the last month. your newest mount looks good now you have a reminder so you wont forget your anniversary.time to break out my 4 pack unriged refills(hint,hint anv.gift)

Great fish! My taxidermist texted me a picture of our boats 30lb fish last week. I cant wait to see it in person. Kind of bummed I didn't reel it in, but I did technically catch it since it hit my corner rigger with my NK SSW Mag on it!

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice Jekyll. Congrats on a beautiful fish. That was a quick turnaround also, I'm still waiting on one from last July and I really don't expect to see It before summer. Now....do you have wall space left for when you top that one :yes:

Great fish! My taxidermist texted me a picture of our boats 30lb fish last week. I cant wait to see it in person. Kind of bummed I didn't reel it in, but I did technically catch it since it hit my corner rigger with my NK SSW Mag on it!

Nice try, but it's still not yours. :P:P:P

John:

I posted pictures taken in the back of the boat back in August while the fish was kickin'. The smile was there. I smiled so much, I wore it out. I'm charging it back up for the 40 pounder that I'll catch next.

Also, I won't let you bleed anything over 15 pounds this year.

Yankee, if your guy is half as good as Fran, you'll be pleased.

• 2 weeks later...