super bowl

Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda! At least it was a good game start to finish. Commercials...well that's another story. Glad the PETA one didn't make it! ;) Congrats to all LOU Steelers fans.

Shawn

It was a great game....congrat Jeff, Billy V & all you other Steelers fans. I bleed Eagle green so I'm still bitter over our loss to the Cards :( , but I was routing for the NFC anyway. It was great to see the Cards play a good game though. We pulled into our campsite down here In the Keys just In time for the game. My signal wasn't very clear, but at least I got to watch the game! I wasn't sure I'd be able to get It?

74 degrees right now :clap: , but a couple cooler days ahead before we get back to the high 70's. We are down here for the next 13 days, but no fishing till later In the week and then a lot of fishing planned for next week. Hopefully we'll be able to find some fish. I'll post a report when we get out.

:beer::beer::beer:

Iceman,

To go thru the season with the NFL's toughest schedule in quite a long time and only lose 4 times was a great accomplishment in this day and age for the black and gold (losses to Philly, Tennesee, G-men and Indy were all Playoff teams)... New England was able to run the table last year until their one 'bad' loss at the big dance, but the chances of seeing that again are pretty slim and remember they played 6 games against a very weak division last year.

Every team is going to have a bad loss during the season, I'd be interested to know who did not have a bad loss during the regular season and would have been a better team on either side in your opinion. Indy, Tennessee, Baltimore and San Diego all had their shots to make it and failed. On the other side, Philly, Carolina and the G-Men did as well.

Arguably, neither team was the "Best" during the regular season (esp. Arizona), but they were the "Best" when it mattered most... the same can be said during March Madness, NHL and the World Series. I happen to be a Phillies fan and they certainly were not the best all season, but they were when it mattered most.

Anyway, my 2 cents in defense of my team.

Hans;

I have to say that I am a Giants fan, & they did about the same thing last year to end up in the super bowl, So you are correct about peaking at the right time.

The Giants beat both of these teams in the regular season & if the pea brain Burres did not almost off himself, the Giants would have had a much better chance to repeat. Without a strong deep threat, the Giants were beatable, by putting 8 or nine guys in the box & holding up the Giants run game.

You can't be one dimensional & hope to win in the playoffs. Maybe next year, the Steelers are definately deserving, & I picked them to win.

You should be proud of your team, as they played well all year long & especially when it counted!!!!!!

John