Alewife numbers research

Gill-T

I just came back in from clean up duties, and judging by my yard, the alewives should do well this year. think I must have just cleaned up 40 lbs of dog crap from the last week alone. You'd think I was keeping horses. I can always tell the young one's poo by the fact that it contains string, stuffing from toys, bottle caps, and the occasional cat part (lol). Stupid dog eats everything. He ate a deck of cards from New Year's eve, half a towel, his bed, an X-mas decoration. He's the only dog that I ever heard of who, after his visit to Dr. Snip this past summer, ate his collar of shame, Twice. He ate two of them. How? How is that even possible?

When I was 14 when my dad bought the camp just north of sandy pond i was intrigued with the charters going out and took my 14' grumman running next to them with one rod in my hands  with a blue and silver #3 hot shot that i picked off the beach with a 3 ounce weight  in front of my place and scored a #6 coho. That went to putting me through college at while captaining the FISH WISH at  oswego state and fishing with the likes of Ernie and Vince among other legends....love this site ....Thanks

To really examine this correlation, you will need to normalize the poop numbers for dog size and diet.  Also, do you exclude foreign matter as described by Gator, or does that bolster the weight?  And you might need to factor in yard size to insure comparability from site to site. :toivo::bear::lol:

4 hours ago, Lucky13 said:

To really examine this correlation, you will need to normalize the poop numbers for dog size and diet. :lol:

I know just the person for the job. 👍

On 1/26/2020 at 2:17 PM, Sk8man said:

I'm sure the Emperor would approve of your research method and grab credit for himself though :lol:

I hope you do realize that by calling him the Emperor you declare yourself his subject, Besides I like the idea of him "grabbing" some of gators research materials.

Edited by rolmops

In his view alone the entire NYS population are his "subjects". But like a lot of other politicians  they are legends in their own minds and as a point of fact I am nobodys "subject" rolmops.. and I hold no allegiance to either political party.

Yep.....and glad to be a free thinker who looks at the individual candidate not the party affiliation and dogma connected with it.:smile:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TyeeTanic said:

So according to that research, we should all get rid of our dogs, this will certainly cause a rebound in the Alewife population, and as a result we will have record king sizes.

Gill- presents a strong correlation.  You are misinterpreting that as causative , i.e. since a is correlated to b, removal of b will cause something to happen to a.  

The first thing you are told when being taught inferential statistics is that the presence of a strong correlation is NOT considered proof of a causative relationship, only that there is some relationship.   

Gill- presents a strong correlation.  You are misinterpreting that as causative , i.e. since a is correlated to b, removal of b will cause something to happen to a.  

The first thing you are told when being taught inferential statistics is that the presence of a strong correlation is NOT considered proof of a causative relationship, only that there is some relationship.   

In this case, Lucky, I think you are full of Gills research material

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

5 hours ago, Lucky13 said:

You must love dogs ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimski2 said:

Toronto has six million residents. What we have on the south shore have is minimal compared to the impact of the nutrients on Lake Ontario from populations and dogs.

as per usual ?? what?