Depth raider and Scotty rigger question

Hey guys. I have the depth raider unit with the spring coil that goes on the black cable for speed and depth transmission . Wondering if there is a good way to set this up with Scotty riggers that have auto stop beads. Seems the beads would catch the spring and cause damage. Any ideas on how to rig this better? Maybe just use a rubber stop that ends at the top of the rigger end instead of the beads? Tha k's in advance.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Hey guys. I have the depth raider unit with the spring coil that goes on the black cable for speed and depth transmission . Wondering if there is a good way to set this up with Scotty riggers that have auto stop beads. Seems the beads would catch the spring and cause damage. Any ideas on how to rig this better? Maybe just use a rubber stop that ends at the top of the rigger end instead of the beads? Tha k's in advance.

They make a thimble to replace the Scotty thimble a lot more durable than spring contact Fish307 they should be able to help you out

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

20 hours ago, Gowiththefloat said:

I've got an extra Scotty antennae. Check your PM

2 hours ago, strik said:

Would a pice of copper flair at the ends work as well??

Deffently seems to be hard to finding the scotty 1211 part.

Thanks

Absolutely.  Made one up a few years back. Wrap the antenna spring around the copper and shrink wrap it..

IMG_0903.thumb.JPG.6f66e1bf2b1327fb3d51fe9aec744fe4.JPG

• Like 1

Absolutely.  Made one up a few years back. Wrap the antenna spring around the copper and shrink wrap it..

Wow pretty cool love the ingenuity makes me wonder if you could braze a post onto copper and use that without spring and attach cable to post

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

13 hours ago, J.D. said:

Great idea J.D.  Did you use a flaring tool on copper tubing?

On 2/3/2020 at 8:01 PM, strik said:

How did you mount the copper to the rail of the downrigger?

Thanks

The copper just floats on the cable, the antenna wire is secured to the rigger boom with wire ties.