What auto pilot are you using.

Well I guess I'm not sure. I'm not really familiar with the difference in the unit's . I now it is almost impossible to steer unless motor is running. There Is a cable that run from the helms back. I guess that is why I was calling it and thinking it was hydraulic steer. So I guess what you are telling me is this unit wouldn't work on my boat anyway. So a true hydraulic steer boat would have the hydraulics lines going all the way to the helms ?when I was reading cable steer I was thinking that was the old cable pulley system, so know I'm back to really not knowing what system will work for me. Right know my boat has the sportpilot autohelm with remote. I have a used one in a box to. I just didn't like that main motor had to run in order for it to work. Figured I would sell older unit and upgrade. That way I could add a kicker also. What would you guys do. I thank you guys in advance for all the info. I'm new to all this stuff and really don't have anyone else to get advice from.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Garmin Reactor with smart pump. Works beautifully. Quiet, simple. System is two years old and have had no problems. You can literally fish for 17 hours (including motoring between spots) and never have to touch the steering wheel. We've fished in flat calm to 6-7 footers, strong cross/head/tail winds. The only time you'll ever spin is when you unknowingly hit the "standby" button on the remote while kicker is turned full lock. 

Edited by ADKHewes