Stacking riggers

Depends on water depth and what you’re running. In the spring I’ve had spoons stacked 5 ft apart in shallow for Browns. In the summer I stack them further apart in deeper water. If I’m running a plug above a flasher in the summer usually 20 ft apart so I know they don’t tangle. Spoons above a flasher, 10 ft.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

17 minutes ago, Total Chaos said:

Depends on water depth and what you’re running. In the spring I’ve had spoons stacked 5 ft apart in shallow for Browns. In the summer I stack them further apart in deeper water. If I’m running a plug above a flasher in the summer usually 20 ft apart so I know they don’t tangle. Spoons above a flasher, 10 ft.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

This is my basic approach too. Most of the time I run sliders instead though.

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 1

I only been fishing Lake Ontario for four years so still a rookie, but something that worked for me in June/july for kings while fishin deeper water was stackin my rods 20ft apart and putting a spoon on a cheater 10 ft above each rod where i clipped to rigger cable. Not having a fishhawk this gave me the ability to cover 40ft of the water column on one rigger. Worked well early season but come August i couldnt buy a hook-up that way on riggers. Members here told me sometimes “less is more” and they were absolutely right. I caught more fish with one rod per rigger then two rods with two cheatere attached. 

• Like 1