Early Lake Ontario spring fishing

jimski2

Lake Erie has minimal ice formation this season. The ice pack that forms each spring as the southwest prevailing winds builds up from Ohio waters is not going to happen now. The ice cold waters will not flow down the Niagara River and the Welland canal system waters will not be happening. so the Bar and near shore fishing will start shortly. Get your boat ready now. Just my prediction, what is yours?

Usually I get my boat out of the barn in April but this year it may March and keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't get dumped on with this weird weather.:lol:

I’m anticipating my first trip for browns mid March. Got all my winter maintenance done and the boat is ready to go. Bein done the tarp is off and its out of the garage to make room for my equipment maintenance and have no room to put it back in and go figure its single digits tonight. :headbang:   Maybe i pulled the trigger to sooon. :-(

Outboard engine sales are booming because they do not freeze in cold weather when they are self draining. Also the fire safety and gasoline explosion factor is lessened. Four stroke and fuel injection operations have improved mileage rates. Mercury outboards opened a new factory to keep up the demand for their engines. Watch the Lewiston boat ramp in the winter and see how the outboards deal with freezing weather operations. Inboard engines have engine block drains along with exhaust manifolds to be drained.

Edited by jimski2