Hey guys . Looking for any info about trolling the north shore for browns . From what I understand I’ll be fishing fairly shallow with my planer boards . I’m looking to try Athol bay near Wellington , and also have heard through the grape vine that some get caught near the cement plant near colborne. I live in Brighton so trying to stay local , don’t want to head too far into the GTA if I don’t have to . Thanks !

Edited by Troyjenkins

I’m not an expert on this, as far as I know, the South Shore of Lake O gets a good amount of browns and chinnies come in close to shore, usually March and well into April to feed on the smelt. From Fifty Point and all the way into the US side, you can catch them from shore and from boat 10-40 fow. Water temps are key, they usually come in as the water temps warm up and leave once they become too warm later in April. Good luck out there.
Adrian

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• 1 month later...

My question would have to be where are the thousands stocked every year at Athol Bay and Finkles Park ending up?

South Shore

Cormorants

Gulls 

(I have been present for several stockings and the Gulls already have the email as the stupid little buggers swim around the surface waiting for someone to feed them. We are not getting a return on investment. At least in my opinion they should be trying night stocking.

Unfortunately this spring the world has much bigger issues to contend with. Stay Well..

They delivered this week to Athol. I specifically asked my contact if birds around. He stated 1 gull that never came near while they were there.

Where do they go?? Not sure. Perhaps due south? A lakers belly?

Doesnt mean you cant catch them there. My best is 10lbs off west point.

There is alot of shoreline on the South side of Prince Edward. Not many boats!! Likely all the browns are in Soup Harbour. We just arent going far enough east from Wellington, :)

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

If there were no gulls this year that would be a good thing. I was present the last 3 or 4 years and that wasn't the case. It will be interesting to see what happens when the new power plant is fully running with a much stronger warm water discharge. I remember fishing at the Sisters at Port Credit 35 years ago when visiting relatives in Toronto . I have heard of the odd brown caught in front of the Lenox.

Youd have to stock 12 inchers over by the power plant. I had a friend give a report of going 30 for 50 on lakers in that area. All those Lakers must be consuming alot of other small "sought after" game fish.

Heard of a couple people bring some pretty big lakers through the ice in known walleye areas.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...