Thank God/ forefathers for 2nd amendment

HB2

So I'm laying awake  in bed last night at 4 am . Front of the house lights up . I get up and there is a car idle in the driveway half way down with lights on . Could not see what it was , thought it might be my older son . I live in the country with houses kind of close around . 

I see a guy get out and walk to side of my house where I loose sight of him  . I open the door and yell  at him a few times  , no answer . I know it's not my son now so I go up and grab my 

1100 and load with 00 buck .   

I tell my wife dial 911

I go out on the porch and yell again and see another car across the road on edge of my property line ideling . I held my weapon up so both could see it . Thought very strongly about firing a warning shot but didn't . 

I don't see the first guy and think he may be in my garage so I go back inside and open garage  , gun first . 

Nobody there so I go  back to front door to see the car door shut and car back out and leave with second car leave also . 

Nothing missing and fresh tracks on side of house . Did not try to get in my vehicles, or boats . 

Sheriff came and that's the story . 

As I was loading up I was thinking , man this could end bad . 

Strange indeed.  Nice to have piece of mind.  How long was the response time?  Clinton and Bloomberg are staunch anti-gun nuts but they have armed body guards.  They will never understand how much on an island you are living in the country.  

• Like 1

Was there anything in your garage worth shooting someone over?
Article 35 of NYS penal law specifically states that a civilian has a duty to retreat ( unless you are in your home). As it pertains to Deadly Physical Force....a person can only use it to protect yourself, or a 3rd person, from imminent serious physical injury or death.
Guy from Hilton shot a kid breaking into cars... Right or wrong , the guy got found not guilty by a jury of his peers.... In this political climate would you put your freedom in the hands of some of these idiots? I've witnessed a lot of trials and there is no way I'm letting Johnny snowflake decide my living conditions for the next 25-life.
I'm in no way saying you were wrong and I'm not knocking you at all.. You did what you think you needed to do... I probably would have done somthing similar. And I'm a huge supporter of the second ammendment... But in the end people need to have the serious conversations with themselves about what could happen, is the juice worth the squeeze, am I prepared for the fallout if this goes bad....
There is a saying out there that I use all the time.... Your body will not go where your mind has not been.... I pray to God I never have to make the ultimate decision.

Sent from my VS996 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 3

If more of these lowlifes left with an assfull of buckshot , bet they would think twice before attempting to take another mans belongings, my theory is shoot shovel and shutup and if Im retreating Ill be well shrouded by the lead Im throwing

Edited by Tradman
  • Like 1

I did not grab my weapon  until I was sure it was not my son. And I lost sight of the guy 

And as I was loading it I thought of the guy in Hilton .which is why I did not go anywhere More than on my porch .  And I know that I can't just start putting lead in the air . 

My attached garage has as way in to my basement and I was,worried about that .

I never in my 61 years have ever been in the situation where I felt that in my home I may have to  defend my wife and my life .

And it is amazing the thoughts, and there were a lot,  that go through your head when put in that situation . This whole thing lasted 8 to 10 min . 

Sheriffs response time was 10 min from the call . 

I was not military ( and thanks you  guys for your service ) but I was surprisingly not scared a bit and was  clear headed about the whole thing . And I felt a whole lot better once I had my trusty 1100 in my hand . 

• Like 3

What would have been a problem for you had you shot the person is that you are OUTSIDE your home. Second, even if in your own home you are required to retreat if at all possible. Two major things of concern in any use of a firearm in this wacky state of ours are criminal and CIVIL prosecution. There a whole bunch of lawyers out there that just love this stuff and your assets can be up for grabs. Another thing of concern is the existence of perhaps incomplete or inappropriate training of some law enforcement personnel when they respond to lethal force situations where "defending" folks may be shot when they are merely holding a firearm before things are properly sorted out. In the military we had VERY clear-cut definitions and procedures for the use of lethal force (and only as a last resort), but not so in some areas of the country or some law enforcement agencies or perhaps more commonly "personal interpretations" made in the heat of the moment. Despite all the hype in TV shows shooting scenarios are horrible in real life and the images you are left with stay with you for life. Having said all that I would rather be explaining my legal actions to a judge or jury of my peers than having them standing over me at the cemetary.

Edited by Sk8man

18 minutes ago, whaler1 said:

better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6

This is honestly all that needs to be said..

With that said I would have flashed my lights and yelled you know they are there and know they are there. No way am I walking outside when I know someone is out there

Footprints on back corner of my house 

I turned on my backyard floodlights and flashed my lights when I realized what was happening. 

Which I think stopped him from going to my back door . 

And I did yell  about 6 times.  Loudly . 

KIMG0915.jpg

Yea I’m with ya, grab the gun and call 911. Put the wife in safe spot with a phone. Grab a bunker spot in the house so that if entry is made there’s a last ditch effort by this soon to be lifeless person to make the right choice. Always when we’re not in that situation everyone has a different opinion. Which is why I always can learn from this situation. Turning the outside lights on, a good thing. Let’s them know someone is watching. Going outside, not me. Gives them a target. Just me though. Get a Blink system or something. WiFi cameras to put up around entrances and such. There not expensive and will alarm your phone 24hrs a day. Also can watch them on your phone while you sit in your bunker spot. New cameras have voice so you can give them a warning that if they come in, they won’t be going home. Thanks for sharing. Still like a rig.......lol

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

Nor was the crack about "Glad to be a Canadian"....inferring that it isn't great being an American. The relationship between our two countries is a strong one and valued but nationalism is strong in both as it should be but needs to be tempered by mutual respect.

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 2

Maybe they are just proud to be Canadian where stuff like that doesn't happen that often.  It always isn't about politics.  

Getting back to the original poster, I couldn't imagine how I'd handle that as I too live in the country.  With younger children in our house, I'd be grabbing for the nearest golf club as I'm not a hunter.  Glad you were cool under the pressure of what could have been.

Edited by hairybumcrack

One of the things to think about is that the US has a population 10 times the size of that in Canada so just statistically it is more likely without anything to do with politics

Nor was the crack about "Glad to be a Canadian"....inferring that it isn't great being an American. The relationship between our two countries is a strong one and valued but nationalism is strong in both as it should be but needs to be tempered by mutual respect.

Spot on as usual Les

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Maybe they are just proud to be Canadian where stuff like that doesn't happen that often.  It always isn't about politics.  

Getting back to the original poster, I couldn't imagine how I'd handle that as I too live in the country.  With younger children in our house, I'd be grabbing for the nearest golf club as I'm not a hunter.  Glad you were cool under the pressure of what could have been.

Except for that poor young couple traveling cross country a few months back that were murdered, the killers eventually committed suicide?
Crime happens everywhere.
As far as national security goes, an occasional “thank you America” would be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United