Cayuga Beautiful Morning & Beautiful Boat Upgrades

Many thanks to Hank @ L&M for installing some  electronic upgrades this month.  This morning launched from Taughannock for the first time out with the new toys.  Throttle control for pinpoint speed control?? Awesome!! Autopilot so the boat doesn't do donuts while fighting a fish??  Incredible!!  Didn't use the Subtroll today, but stay tuned!!

Pretty solid South wind early so went North on the West side to start, then angled across the lake and finished running South on the East side.  Lake trout are scattered everywhere so had a steady pick of fish from 30-110 down in 80-400fow off spoon and sliding cheaters on the downriggers.  Dypsey carrying a fly took 1 fish in 100 fow and another in the middle of the lake.  All the trout were similar in size to the ones in the photo with half a dozen going back in the lake to fight another day.  Spent the last hour trying some stickbaits and spoons in shallower water, 40-60 deep, wasn't quite ready to get in real tight.  Just the one salmon ended up grabbing a spoon  straight across from the launch so headed in with tonight's dinner and a batch of fillets for the smoker tomorrow.  

With better control of the steering I look forward to trying someIMG_20200223_125936.thumb.jpg.ef70dfbad5b7981b045b11bb3a98287a.jpg shallow trolls soon!!

• Like 5

Many thanks to Hank @ L&M for installing some  electronic upgrades this month.  This morning launched from Taughannock for the first time out with the new toys.  Throttle control for pinpoint speed control?? Awesome!! Autopilot so the boat doesn't do donuts while fighting a fish??  Incredible!!  Didn't use the Subtroll today, but stay tuned!!

Pretty solid South wind early so went North on the West side to start, then angled across the lake and finished running South on the East side.  Lake trout are scattered everywhere so had a steady pick of fish from 30-110 down in 80-400fow off spoon and sliding cheaters on the downriggers.  Dypsey carrying a fly took 1 fish in 100 fow and another in the middle of the lake.  All the trout were similar in size to the ones in the photo with half a dozen going back in the lake to fight another day.  Spent the last hour trying some stickbaits and spoons in shallower water, 40-60 deep, wasn't quite ready to get in real tight.  Just the one salmon ended up grabbing a spoon  straight across from the launch so headed in with tonight's dinner and a batch of fillets for the smoker tomorrow.  
With better control of the steering I look forward to trying someIMG_20200223_125936.thumb.jpg.ef70dfbad5b7981b045b11bb3a98287a.jpg shallow trolls soon!!

Been thinking about autopilot for mine - what system did you go with?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Hey nice improvements I’ve been seriously looking at that unit for my boat but the outboards are twin 250s they say it can handle it but I’ve been hedging on cracking the hydraulics myself what did installation run you ? Not the parts just install

5 hours ago, Lewis863 said:

Hey nice improvements I’ve been seriously looking at that unit for my boat but the outboards are twin 250s they say it can handle it but I’ve been hedging on cracking the hydraulics myself what did installation run you ? Not the parts just install

Sounds like your boat is a totally different setup from mine.  If you are serious about that kind of upgrade just send out a PM to Hank, L&M is his handle on here.  I'm sure he'll help you sort out possible options that could work.  

• Like 1