Cayuga Taughannock 2/24/2020

Fjaq

Launched out of Taughannock at 9:30am. Water level very low, usual for this time of the year.  No issues getting my Fishmaster 196 in and out 

BUT

if you launch out of here be wary of the ladder at the end of the dock.  Not sure what has happened to it but it has very little bracing and appears as if it is ready to fall off.

picked up around 15 lakers, all went back in and to my surprise caught a pike on a spoon with a spin doc in front of it.

no landlocked.

water temp was 39.2 from surface down to 70’.

On 2/24/2020 at 6:02 PM, Fjaq said:

Launched out of Taughannock at 9:30am. Water level very low, usual for this time of the year.  No issues getting my Fishmaster 196 in and out 

BUT

if you launch out of here be wary of the ladder at the end of the dock.  Not sure what has happened to it but it has very little bracing and appears as if it is ready to fall off.

picked up around 15 lakers, all went back in and to my surprise caught a pike on a spoon with a spin doc in front of it.

no landlocked.

water temp was 39.2 from surface down to 70’.

That ladder was solid Sunday morning but when I came in about 10:30 a line of boats were getting ready to head out.  Something must have happened to dislodge it.  Hoping no one falls off as a significant drop off to the water right now.

Sounds like Monday was similar to Sunday as the lakers are very actively feeding right now!  I was surprised to find one I brought home for the smoker regurged a nice big smelt.  Didn't think many were left in the lake.

Good to hear you had a great day.  Bet that Pike made for a nice surprise!