Storm 2/25/2019

chinook35

49 minutes ago, Rookie Fisherman said:

Here is a video link out my back door at the Lake House. Camera is 30-35' or so above the water so it hard to get a true perspective.....It is certainly getting snotty out there though. 

https://ring.com/share/6798160358817594796

Wow, you can freak some kids out on Halloween with those "self" rocking chairs ... wind obviously needed.

Do you get any big waves coming over onto your lot?

28 minutes ago, TyeeTanic said:

Wow, you can freak some kids out on Halloween with those "self" rocking chairs ... wind obviously needed.

Do you get any big waves coming over onto your lot?

Yeah love those chairs, they rock and swivel. Nice to sit on at sunset with a beer and a cigar!

Lots of spray with the big waves, the ice will build on the deck & back of the house all day. 

The waves don't make it up on the lot as they break before they reach the seawalll. Although the wall has taken a beating last two seasons. When you mix high water & big waves its a bad combo. Its slowly coming apart.

3 minutes ago, Rookie Fisherman said:

Yeah love those chairs, they rock and swivel. Nice to sit on at sunset with a beer and a cigar!

Lots of spray with the big waves, the ice will build on the deck & back of the house all day. 

The waves don't make it up on the lot as they break before they reach the seawalll. Although the wall has taken a beating last two seasons. When you mix high water & big waves its a bad combo. Its slowly coming apart.

I heard that property erosion around the Lake is a huge problem ... especially with the rising water levels ... going to cost a few billion $$ no one has to fix it.

Anybody remember the storm last Feb. 25 th. Actual photo of the lighthouse in Oswego IMG_1010.thumb.JPG.e353607f28f2df48fc7a5ec70fa1fdbc.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Here’s a couple from Sodus bay lighthouse is taking a pounding this is from 2/26/2020IMG_1011.thumb.JPG.dec4bacdb82764662486d67a315aaeda.JPGIMG_1012.thumb.JPG.07362b5b7d8824cbe9bd3e50caecb0e8.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Here is video of the lake in Sterling this morning. 

https://ring.com/share/6798488730542210476

Pic below of Ice build from freezing spray on stairs from last years storm. Not as bad this year. Last year the deck & back wall of the house had inches of ice coverage. Have some in the yard from this storm but not nearly as bad.

IMG_6122.JPG

Edited by Rookie Fisherman