Outriggers

pcucci

They used to  be real popular but many folks now use inline boards or big boards these days, but outriggers have their strengths too and I still use them occasionally Thye can be used in place of boards or added to them (if care is used in setting up and running them in combination. I sometimes run inline boards outside the outriggers but I usually put deep digging lures on the outriggers and shorter leads if in combination with stuff run near the surface on the inlines so that they generally can run to the side and away from the deeper lures with a fish on. I usually don't run them that way on Lake O though because of the kings. One advantage of outriggers over boards can be during derbies and I have bright tape on mine so folks can see them out for a great distance and they tend to stay away where with the boards they often ignore them or don't see them. You can also run multiple lines right from the outriggers instead of multiple boards. Anyway, the stuff all has its place in the arsenal and having both options  can be an advantage. If the outriggers are set up right you can usually run them in rougher water than the inlines too and the same can be said of big boards.

They used to  be real popular but many folks now use inline boards or big boards these days, but outriggers have their strengths too and I still use them occasionally Thye can be used in place of boards or added to them (if care is used in setting up and running them in combination. I sometimes run inline boards outside the outriggers but I usually put deep digging lures on the outriggers and shorter leads if in combination with stuff run near the surface on the inlines so that they generally can run to the side and away from the deeper lures with a fish on. I usually don't run them that way on Lake O though because of the kings. One advantage of outriggers over boards can be during derbies and I have bright tape on mine so folks can see them out for a great distance and they tend to stay away where with the boards they often ignore them or don't see them. You can also run multiple lines right from the outriggers instead of multiple boards. Anyway, the stuff all has its place in the arsenal and having both options  can be an advantage. If the outriggers are set up right you can usually run them in rougher water than the inlines too and the same can be said of big boards.

Thanks! I definitely see a place for them. I run big planet boards. And was thing about outriggers for rougher water in particular couples with how quickly I could deploy or pull them in.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

On the Chesapeake Bay. up to fourteen lines are out on triple boards used for striped bass. I use my electric downriggers with Otter Boards that reel themselves in with the flip of a switch. Also they are easy to access when setting lines out.

On 2/28/2020 at 5:27 AM, jimski2 said:

On the Chesapeake Bay. up to fourteen lines are out on triple boards used for striped bass. I use my electric downriggers with Otter Boards that reel themselves in with the flip of a switch. Also they are easy to access when setting lines out.

Nice, why didn't I think of that. Thanks