15 HP Kicker on 18’ boat?

Big Spoon

Hey All,

Shopping for a motor with the intention of using it as a kicker on my 18’ Starcraft during warm weather, and throwing it on a 14-16 row boat in the fall for duck hunting/winter fishing.

Anyone here running a 15 hp kicker on a 17-19’ boat? Are you able to get below 1 mph?

Not against a 9.9, just trying to maximize utility.

Thanks,

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Used to be that many 15’s shared same block as a 9.9 - just were setup and rated at different specs.  So you can definitely use a 15 on an 18 footer.  To get under 1 mph you’ll need a trolling bag or buckets.  I use a bag on my Lund to get to .9 mph on my 17 foot Lund with an 8 hp.

On 2/29/2020 at 8:46 AM, Big Spoon said:

Hey All,

Shopping for a motor with the intention of using it as a kicker on my 18’ Starcraft during warm weather, and throwing it on a 14-16 row boat in the fall for duck hunting/winter fishing.

Anyone here running a 15 hp kicker on a 17-19’ boat? Are you able to get below 1 mph?

Not against a 9.9, just trying to maximize utility.

Thanks,

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Once you decide which HP to go with shoot me a message and I'll see what I can do for you on that engine.

13 minutes ago, Yankee Troller said:

Once you decide which HP to go with shoot me a message and I'll see what I can do for you on that engine.

Thanks Rick, I sent you a PM.