........and so it begins.

I had a group of robins sounding off this morning and I saw some Turkey Vultures. Coming quick. The goal is to get as much fishing in while water levels are good. Not sure I will be able to slip my boat for spring LOC if water levels are to be what is predicted to flush out of the upper lakes. 

Curious, where do you slip in Niagara county? We trailer from GI. Worried about water levels at Ft. Niagara boat launch.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Olcott has floating docks. You will be able to trailer there despite high water levels. You also should be able to use the Youngstown launch. The fort and Wilson might prove difficult unless they put floating docks in. 

We always wear knee high boots for spring fishing on L.O. now. Boots come off when we leave the dock.

Yup poor mans fish killing machine. I love my trophy 2460. First “big boat” I’ve owned and thinkin next year buyin a 2860 if i can find one. I got mine ready to go. Hopefully by end of march I could get it out for browns. 

D9B6C065-10D7-4050-874D-3E6CB048F603.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hachimo said:

Yup poor mans fish killing machine. I love my trophy 2460. First “big boat” I’ve owned and thinkin next year buyin a 2860 if i can find one. I got mine ready to go. Hopefully by end of march I could get it out for browns. 

D9B6C065-10D7-4050-874D-3E6CB048F603.jpeg

I think there is a charter boat in Olcott slip last year with for-sale sign of the size you are looking for. 

Theres was a blue and white 2860 on the south shore somewhere for sale last year. Fishhawk,riggers, and all the gear. I hesitated on it and someone else got the deal. Hopefully it wasn’t the one your talkin about and theres still one out there for sale. Theres not many of them out there. Maybe on a rough day while I’m in Mexico I’ll drive around to marinas lookin for “for sale” signs. 

As a youth my father launched his boat at Woodlawn Beach on Lake Erie. Hundreds of boats daily used it. No ramp or docks on the open lake. Yes the were smaller sixteen foot or so boats, but all we used were a pair of hip boots and nice waves. Carry some hip boots and these twenty four foot boats should be able to use any dock area as long as some one has boots on to hold your boat as the harbor launches are not on the open lake waves.

They began removing the Ice Boom today . One of earliest removal dates in history. Go to WBEN website for a cool video.