Replacing Tekota 800 for copper

I need to replace my Tekota 800 that I use for 400 copper. I had the drag rebuilt by Tuna Tom a few years ago after it never worked right from new and replacing the drags didn't correct the drag problem. I am tired of readjusting the drag constantly as I'm reeling in a fish. I noticed alot of recomendations for the Okuma reel. I'm not going to sell my 800 as I wouldn't wish that piece of junk on anyone else.I saw some used Saltist 50 on this site. Are those big enough?

If you're looking for a high end reel that has plenty of room for 400' plus of copper then check out the penn fathom 2 in the 50 size. I have 2 of them and they are flawless out of the box. The Penn squall is a cheaper option and is good too. Both are way better than the okuma cold water high speed wire reels. I also have 2 of those

Edited by shawn393

I need to replace my Tekota 800 that I use for 400 copper. I had the drag rebuilt by Tuna Tom a few years ago after it never worked right from new and replacing the drags didn't correct the drag problem. I am tired of readjusting the drag constantly as I'm reeling in a fish. I noticed alot of recomendations for the Okuma reel. I'm not going to sell my 800 as I wouldn't wish that piece of junk on anyone else.I saw some used Saltist 50 on this site. Are those big enough?

I have two Saltist 50s set up for 300 coppers and I think that is the limit the reels are awesome but your not gonna get 400 on there with enough backing

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app