Brad's Super Bait Cut Plug

I know they have a following on the west coast has the jury reached a decision for Lady O? I have never seen them at a store in eastern Ontario so Amazon would be my only outlet. Not a fan of online shopping because of the damage done to the small local retailers.

I brought a handful back from Alaska in 2012 and have been running them ever since. I use them, like them and have had plenty of success with them. Like anything they have their days when they're really hot, they are always part of my rotation though!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I picked up my first one at FishUSA last year. Got 3 or 4 kings on it first day out. Like anything else it has good and bad days but it definitely has good days. I put a few drops of Pro Cure Herring Oil on the sponge. Doesn't take much to give it a good soaking.

I picked up a couple on West Coast.  Rather than using oil in the sponge that comes with them, I used canned tuna.  They catch fish - something different to play with.

• Like 1

Brad's cut bait is one of my favorite baits here on Lake Michigan, and can't see why they wouldn't work on LO.

I run mine mostly with a 42" leader behind an 8" Jensen dodger or a Big Al's type rotator. I've fished with guys that do well with the Alderton's rotating dodgers too. They can be run clean as well, but I've had more success behind a dodger.

My best colors are Mountain Doo, Seahawk, and Lucky charm. Had some success with Twisted Sister last year. I use garlic tuna in mine, pack them full so the tuna is bulging out, and change the tuna after every fish or if it's been soaking for 1/2 hour or more. I didn't do well with the Brad's til I switched from plain tuna to the garlic stuff. A lot of guys here make their own garlic tuna but Starkist Select roasted garlic is the stuff you want. If you like tuna you're gonna want to eat the stuff yourself...it smells so good!

I've had days where I was missing most of my fish until I broke out the Brad's with garlic tuna. The tuna seems to make them commit better on those days. If you give it a fair shot in your spread you will likely not regret it.

• Like 1