Loose reel seat repair

I have an Okuma Blue Diamond BD-TR862MH wire dipsey rod with a loose reel seat. I get rotation from the 10 o'clock to 2 o'clock position. I'm not sure how to approach the repair as I am not a rod builder. Can I split the foam handle to remove the handle and then slide off reel seat then apply epoxy or adhesive to blank and then reset seat? I really like this roller rod and don't think Okuma makes them any longer.  Advise please and Thanks in advance for any comments.  

Saw a video on you tube where a guy boiled some water in a big pot then rotated the rod to even the heat from the steam.  After a couple minutes the epoxy was loose enough to remove handle and seat.  Used welding gloves to protect hands.  A heat gun would probably work as well.  Careful even heat is the key.

Don't use heat gun, it's just too hot to control. A kettle works nice to direct the steam. It may be enough to get the epoxy malleable to where it will reset and hold the seat in place. But you may have to strip and rebuild if its not under warranty.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I have successfully repaired reel seats that come lose.  Get some epoxy and put it in a syringe style dispenser.  Drill some small holes in the seat and put as much in as the holes will take.

I have a St. Croix and a Okuma that have held up for years after doing this.

Many years ago had similar problem with more than one eagle claw star fire rods .What I did was install a small sheet metal 

screw through the seat into the blank crude repair but worked great.Also contacted company at end of the season and they

sent me a couple new rods.