Fish ID: Rudd?

Found these swimming around a discharge on Seneca with some carp. I know in the Hardwater thread theres mention of Rudd, but I have always seen them gold colored. Anal fin looks to be a bit different as well. Other than that though it just looks like a huge shiner minnow. Thoughts? 20200302_151207.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Gizzard Shad.

Back when Carl Widmer was still at NYSDEC, some of us asked him about putting Striped Bass in Lake Ontario because the stripers will chow on the gizzards heavily, and a lot of them are too big for much else.  He said they would outcompete the smallmouth which are a world class fishery and native, so they would not take chances with an outside introduction.   Gizzards are basically plankton feeders, and I wonder if Kings will mistake the smaller ones for Alewife, but I don't think there is a lot of temperature overlap when the shad are the right size.  I see tons for them in  The Genesee in the fall, 2-3", and I think early steelhead  and browns eat them, certainly silvery white bunny flies will catch a bunch of fall fish when they are actively chasing.. 

Nope take a look at the dorsal fin. In the Quillback the rear part of the dorsal is horizontally extended or elongated while the forepart  is much longer and when raised up looks like a "quill"  Gizzard Shad

Edited by Sk8man

Gizzard Shad-. they make SPECTACULAR  cut  bait... Browns, rainbows. lakers will  swallow them with abandon right on the bottom, if they see it..

BIG Catfish , bullheads,  and stripers too,  in lakes where they exist.. They stink when cut, but the scent draws predators, and they hit chunks readily

bob