Advice on where to Stay & Launch to fish Niagara Bar

Just learning about Lake Ontario and am very excited to try for some Salmon in early May.  Seems the Niagara Bar is the place to be at this time from other posts.  I would appreciate any advice on where to stay and launch.  Any fishing tips are also very much appreciated.  We will be driving over from Detroit and from what I have read we are planning May 14,15 (work schedules also limited our options). 

I’ve read contracting comments about launching in Fort Niagara but can’t tell if its better now with the new floating docks.  We will be launching a 22’ fiberglass boat.  Couldn’t find much information on hotels and would appreciate recommendations for a something simple but clean.

As far as fishing, we have the normal deep water gear (Riggers, Divers, Planars) and mostly spoons.  I read somewhere its pretty busy that time of year...any advice on what we should expect in terms of how busy the launches will be or the boat traffic?  Lake Michigan launches can be very busy in the fall, wondering if its the same for Lake Ontario in the spring.

Again, thank you for your advice and looking forward to experiencing Lake Ontario this year

I’m local. A place I’ve heard good things about is the Lakeview motel in Youngstown NY. 716-791-8668. It’s in a good location to launch at either Ft. Niagara state park or Tuscarora state park in Wilson. Hard to say where best fishing will be that time in May.
Checkout Lakeview motel on line. I’ve heard it’s fishermen friendly. I’m gonna try PM you with more info.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

This year with little ice on Lake Erie will have good fishing here earlier, maybe earlier than May as the warmer surface waters from Ohio will be blown eastward by the prevailing SW winds and not be obstructed by the usual Lake Erie ice fields.