Lake Ontario and high water

I seen in the news a week maybe ago about the accountability act. This morning I see in the news the ijc is increasing dumping the lake as fast as it can . Don't know if the accountability act has anything to do with the ijc increasing water dumping , seems like the threat trillions of dollars in lawsuits made the ijc get off their back side .

Sent from my XT1609 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

11 hours ago, fisherdude said:

I seen in the news a week maybe ago about the accountability act. This morning I see in the news the ijc is increasing dumping the lake as fast as it can . Don't know if the accountability act has anything to do with the ijc increasing water dumping , seems like the threat trillions of dollars in lawsuits made the ijc get off their back side .

Sent from my XT1609 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Where did you get your information from?

The Niagara is naturally choked by that shallow section above the falls.  (i.e 1500 wide x 17 ft deep)  Falls site/people say 168K cuft/sec is what they want for high tourist hours in summer but Buffalo water keeper says average has recently been around 210K Cu ft/sec.   St Lawrence can flow considerably higher.  What really hurts are the additional smaller rivers that really add up.  i.e Rochester currently at 12K, Oswego at 17K & Lord knows what the Ottawa is throwing at the big river.  They need to keep the St Lawrence well over 300K

The summer falls flow is the maximum flow for tourists. The hydro plants are taking all they can but the Niagara River water  level is the highest continually every day, even without seiche events, There is no true flow rates for the entire river flow that I know. What goes over the Falls and the hydro power plants combined is only controlled by nature.