Down rigger suggestions

Love my Scotty's. I don't run the high-speeds but extremely happy with the 1116. Take up more room then the cannons. My buddy has cannon high-speeds and I like them to.

Took me one trip to get used to the clutch on the Scotty's.

Edited by Charlie P

Anchor would type bottom your going to anchor on. We have a fluke type anchor on the boat. Honestly haven't used it.

West Marine and few other sites have articles on their sites that explain what anchor for what your doing with it.

I use a twenty pound fluke anchor to anchor up in windy conditions. In calmer winds I use a five pound mushroom anchor makes it easy to retrieve when you move a lot. On "slippery rock" shale bottoms no anchor holds.

I use the fluke style anchor with the sliding ring. something like bass pro's slip ring anchor. just give the rope a little slack pull above the anchor then pull the rope. the ring slides to the head of the anchor making it a breeze to retrieve the anchor. these are for lake fishing mostly but works in rivers also. a 10# anchor is usually all you need.

Magnum Metalz. Best bang for your buck. All aluminum, compact, rock solid. Bought a pair last season, got rid of Cannons. Never look back. Slip clutch works perfect, every time. Made in U.S.A.

Enough said.

BTW- I came up with a way to mount a Bert's ratcheting rod holder to MM rigger. Works great.

20191003_122634.jpg

20191003_122708.jpg

Depending on where you're planning to fish, the best anchor that you can buy may be an iPilot for your MinnKota trolling motor. Fishing perch over deeper water in Lake Erie, it allows you to stay put without regard for wind pushing you off the fish or into other boats, no tangle, and easier to pull up lol. Of course, you need an anchor for safety purposes, but not so much for fishing anymore, particularly on an 18 foot boat.

• Like 1

Good evening, I am just getting into boat fishing with my 9 year old twin boys. We have a Lund Adventure 1775 boat and asking if we should go with Cannon 10’s or Scotty high performance. Also, if you were to carry 2 anchors on the boat what would they be?

I have a few Dt 10’s for sale in the classifieds right now. Variable speeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I need to buy 6 Rods and reels for fishing Lake George and Lake Champlain for Salmon/Lake Trout. 1 on each down rigger and 4 other rods in Rod holders. I was thinking ugly sticks, but there are so many reels that it is overwhelming.

Ugly sticks work great keep your eyes on classifieds for Diana sg 27s and Okuma reels for sale sent you a Pm

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app