Lakemaster card

I finally pulled the trigger on an ipilot link unit and its time to replace the Navionics card with a Lakemaster that will work with the ipilot.

I am confused a bit not having used Lakemaster cards and looking listings up on HB site and reading posts here.

It looks like for Lake Ontario I need the Northeast card, but Irondequoit and Sodus bays are listed on a different card.

Can anyone with the Northeast card tell me if Ibay and Sodus are on there? My Navionics card gives me everything but wont work with Ipilot link.

Thanks

Terry

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

7 hours ago, tj13825 said:

I finally pulled the trigger on an ipilot link unit and its time to replace the Navionics card with a Lakemaster that will work with the ipilot.

I am confused a bit not having used Lakemaster cards and looking listings up on HB site and reading posts here.

It looks like for Lake Ontario I need the Northeast card, but Irondequoit and Sodus bays are listed on a different card.

Can anyone with the Northeast card tell me if Ibay and Sodus are on there? My Navionics card gives me everything but wont work with Ipilot link.

Thanks

Terry

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

I have a lakemaster card (I believe its the Northeast) as I also have ipilot link on my small boat. I use the same helix headunit for ice fishing as well so its currently all setup in my garage and will be easy to check. I've fished Chaumont before and I'm pretty sure that card had maps on it for the bay. I know for sure my card has maps for Ontario though. I will check it out and report back when I get home tonight. 

Edited by FishingFool34

1 hour ago, TrophySeeker said:

The Great Lakes card sucks for Lake Ontario, and actually has LESS detail than the built in base map. What a waste of $150...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

With the fluctuating water levels in the lake my maps were always off a few feet. There is an offset function that I could use, the problem was is was a universal offset. So if I offset Lake O to be correct (lets say it took a +4 offset). Then when I would fish Oneida lake, the maps would then be off +4 there. To me it was more valuable to have correct contour lines on Oneida than Lake O and I didn't feel like switching the offset all the time. Now keep in mind I fish out of Mexico and it's pretty much featureless out there, so any map really doesn't help me much.

See screen shots below. The first is Basemap, the second is Lakemaster Plus, and the third is Navionics. All 3 from my dock.I can't believe they charge for a card that has less detail than the basemap.

Basemap.jpg

Lakemaster.jpg

Navionics.jpg

Edited by TrophySeeker

Guys this is great info, I have had the HB 859 DI unit for 5 years now and it came with the Navioncs card which has worked ok. I just bought a trolling motor with Ipilot link and it requires a Lakemaster card with the Ipilot logo. I plan to use the Link to follow contours both on Ibay and out on Lake O when I fish alone. I did see that the North East card is the one I want for Lake Ontario, but did not see I-bay or Sodus bay on the NE card. Both bays are listed on a different card called Great Lakes. Yankee troller has confirmed that the North East card does in fact have I-bay and Sodus, but Sodus is not as good.

Hmmm... I have the LakeMaster PLUS Northeast V2 card that I bought for Oneida. It does not have Lake Ontario or the bays on it as far as I know. It for certain does not have anything near Sodus Bay, as it provides no detail.

I would check again before you shell out $150. Below is the link to the Northeast lake list. And I think it needs to be High Definition to have the contours you need for iPilot Link.

https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.com/sites/johnsonoutdoors-store/files/assets/misc/HU/H/HUM_productmanual_600045-4_ll_ne1/HUM_productmanual_600045-4_ll_ne1.pdf

I have purchased 3 Lakemaster Plus cards, and 2 of them were a complete waste of money, Great Lakes and Ontario Canada. The Northeast card for Oneida is awesome. But, with Fishsmart I could have bought just that lake. I know I sound like i'm bi tching, but I spent a lot of money for something that will never come out of my glove-box.

Edited by TrophySeeker

2 minutes ago, wallyandre said:

Sodas Point on Navionics with SonarChart enable

81FD3C18-7862-4ABF-A818-38BD1F4E9F38.png

Yes, Navionics is great, and I have that. But the question was about iPilot Link and following contours, which can only be done with Lakemaster cards. And to the best of my knowledge, there is not a Lakemaster card that will allow you to follow contours on Lake Ontario.

Yes, you can do what both wallyandre and horsehunter asked with any card. The feature that Lakemaster gives you, if it has depth contours, is to get near a depth that you want, and tell it to follow the shoreline, keeping the boat in xx FOW without having to create a route or repeating one.

Hmmm... I have the LakeMaster PLUS Northeast V2 card that I bought for Oneida. It does not have Lake Ontario or the bays on it as far as I know. It for certain does not have anything near Sodus Bay, as it provides no detail.

I would check again before you shell out $150. Below is the link to the Northeast lake list. And I think it needs to be High Definition to have the contours you need for iPilot Link.

https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.com/sites/johnsonoutdoors-store/files/assets/misc/HU/H/HUM_productmanual_600045-4_ll_ne1/HUM_productmanual_600045-4_ll_ne1.pdf

I have purchased 3 Lakemaster Plus cards, and 2 of them were a complete waste of money, Great Lakes and Ontario Canada. The Northeast card for Oneida is awesome. But, with Fishsmart I could have bought just that lake. I know I sound like i'm bi tching, but I spent a lot of money for something that will never come out of my glove-box.

I wonder if the Plus version doesn’t have Lake Ontario but the regular one does?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have a lakemaster card (I believe its the Northeast) as I also have ipilot link on my small boat. I use the same helix headunit for ice fishing as well so its currently all setup in my garage and will be easy to check. I've fished Chaumont before and I'm pretty sure that card had maps on it for the bay. I know for sure my card has maps for Ontario though. I will check it out and report back when I get home tonight. 

That would be great please let me know. Also if your card is PLUS and version #

Thanks

OK guys, The Lakemaster NorthEast card has all of Lake Ontario and its bays on it. Irondequoit Bay has great detail, but Sodus doesn't. I've used this card up as far as Chaumont as well as the Canadian side, and it's great. Outside of the Sodus Bay map being disappointing it's a great card. I don't see the need for the Plus card becasue all you get is satellite view.

I have the Great Lakes card, but for Late Erie. I've never tried it on Ontario.

Yes, Oneida is unbelievable detailed. So are many of the Finger Lakes.

Thank you everyone for the help I ordered the standard NE card as I didn’t see a need for the satellite images.

• 2 months later...