56th Annual National Lake Trout Derby

The 56th Annual National Lake Trout Derby on Seneca Lake is held on Memorial Day Weekend. Fisherman from across the country travel to the Finger Lakes Region in hopes of catching the largest Lake Trout, Brown Trout, Land-lock Salmon, or Rainbow Trout of the weekend.

This year the derby will be held the weekend of May 23rd, 24th, and 25th 2020. The derby is open to anyone with a New York State Fishing License. Registration for the derby is located online as well as in varying towns along Seneca Lake. All derby registration information and prize breakdowns are listed on www.laketroutderby.com

This year the derby is increasing non-lake trout division prizes in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place categories. First place grand prize remains at $10,000! Many other chances to win, early bird drawing, weigh station raffles, and all the minor division prizes. The derby is anticipating a grand total of $35,875 in cash prizes being given out for the 2020 derby.

An award ceremony will be held on the final day of the Trout Derby at the Tiki Bar North/Strives Marine Weigh Station at 401 Boody’s Hill Road, Waterloo NY 13165. At the award ceremony awards and recognition will be given, food and beverage will be available.

chris Campbell4.jpg

:lol: #1 and #2 are accounted for. The tough part will be making it a reality in terms of results; especially with competitors like you guys:smile:

:lol: #1 and #2 are accounted for. The tough part will be making it a reality in terms of results; especially with competitors like you guys:smile:

This is where I take a step back and honor the two (sk8, admbrd) that actually have won a trout derby, you guys don’t need any more luck, so pass it on.....lol

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

From my viewpoint the two Mikes are a couple of the most serious contenders facing us along with the Admiral.:lol: Might be tough splitting that one fish between us  that still resides in the lake :lol:

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 1

It's all about attitude. Especially during the national lake trout Derby. There is plenty to do besides fishing. camping , wineries Waterloo has a memorial celebration and fireworks. Taking in car show at Waterloo. A lot of good times with family and friends has Been created during the memorial weekend derby. Only takes that one good fish to walk away with the grand prize. Picture a twelve-year-old sitting with his grandfather at their camp on the lake with a saw belly under a bobber asking his grandfather what he's going to do with his share of the 10 grand . I say good luck to who ever wants to get in the derby , stay safe and have fun !!!

Sent from my XT1609 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

It's all about attitude. Especially during the national lake trout Derby. There is plenty to do besides fishing. camping , wineries Waterloo has a memorial celebration and fireworks. Taking in car show at Waterloo. A lot of good times with family and friends has Been created during the memorial weekend derby. Only takes that one good fish to walk away with the grand prize. Picture a twelve-year-old sitting with his grandfather at their camp on the lake with a saw belly under a bobber asking his grandfather what he's going to do with his share of the 10 grand . I say good luck to who ever wants to get in the derby , stay safe and have fun !!!

Sent from my XT1609 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I’m right there with ya! It’s all about the memories, camaraderie, and making sure the kids have as much fun out there so they can continue being involved in the outdoors. If we happen to get on the board, that’s a plus. Don’t forget the Macs drive in......

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

Brian hit it right on the head and after all it is also a serious "holiday" in rememberance of the great folks who gave their lives so that the rest of us could enjoy it along with the many freedoms we have. I guess we all need to pause sometimes and  think about that.....myself included. That fact should also be shared with young people because they may have little no idea of the significance of it, or of the fact that Hitler was on the path to making an atomic bomb that could have been used on us but it was prevented by that victory and those people's ultimate sacrifice.

Brian hit it right on the head and after all it is also a serious "holiday" in rememberance of the great folks who gave their lives so that the rest of us could enjoy it along with the many freedoms we have. I guess we all need to pause sometimes and  think about that.....myself included. That fact should also be shared with young people because they may have little no idea of the significance of it, or of the fact that Hitler was on the path to making an atomic bomb that could have been used on us but it was prevented by that victory and those people's ultimate sacrifice.
You have to work for them but. they are there. Pulling a little copper or flashers. I'm catching some

Sent from my SM-T670 using Lake Ontario United mobile app