2019 Lund 1800 Sport Angler for trolling

9 hours ago, Frogger said:

Anyone familiar with this manufacturer? http://www.duckworthboats.com Seem similar to Hewes

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

Its another West Coast style boat. So yes similar to Hewes. Have only ever seen one of their bigger offshore boats up close. Very nice boat to say the least. Fit and finish was top notch!

something that shouldn't be ignored when looking is the amount of floatation and weight capacities as well as max. motor horse power as not all same sized boats are the same (especially for offshore use):smile:

Edited by Sk8man

I have a Kingfisher currently.

Dealerships in Ontario and Quebec are starting to pick up the West Coast brands. Used to be only a few.

I saw a 20 ft Duckworth with the extended engine platform at the Ottawa Boat show and was really impressed.

Hate to say this fact. Your dollar may go alot farther at a dealer here??20190825_135832.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I’ll have to get to one of those boat shows where they have them. As you’ve said, impressive. Especially when you come to realize the thickness of the aluminum on these is crazy different. The west coast boats put the same thickness on their sides as we do on the bottoms. I was watching a video on the strength of a hull for a welded aluminum and they mentioned thickness and grade metal of what some manufacturers are using and why they get stress cracks on the weld. Very interesting video. Nice boats indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

If you're willing to go into the $40k+ price range I would seriously consider this boat: https://www.stabicraft.com/. These guys look impressive and made for big water. Only boat I would ever buy if $ was not an issue. Only dealers are on the west coast but there are a few available scattered around if you are open to buying a used one. Good luck in your search!

What happened to the Hewescraft? You can order the options and boat you want with Brian at Erie Marine. Then very easy to pick it up. My parents live in Farmington NY near the thruway.  I drove to their place, spent the night, then picked it up at Erie Marine next day, test drove in lake, and returned to parents house to spend the night. The next day I drove back to NH! I would even go with you! I don't get to see my parents often.

I enjoyed ordering the options I wanted with Brian. Then you get exactly what you want- I had them hook up the Ulterra trolling motor and Humminbird finder and had everything shipped to him. I think it took about three months to get my boat after placing the order. There was a problem with the live well leaking which sucked but Brian at Erie and Hewescraft stood behind it even though I was far away.

I went to the only Duckworth dealer on the east coast on Wednesday. Man the 20' Adventure Sport was beautiful and I was very impressed with how well built they were. For me it would be a boat that really should last a lifetime.

Duckworth.JPG

Duckworth1.JPG

Duckworth2.JPG

Thats great! had my Honda's going on my fifth year and no problems yet. Was seriously considering a Hewscraft before I bought mine but the closest dealer is a long way away. Kinda figured your buying a relationship with the dealer as well as buying a boat. Great looking rig! Good luck,      Matt

I put in my paperwork for retirement on May 29 and my wife and I just purchased a new home in Weirs Beach! We will be moving there this summer and are second on the waiting list for a slip at AKWA Marine yacht club on Lake Winni! I knew I should have bought a bigger boat but they sure do get expensive after the Sportsman!