New Radar

Started fishing in April last few years. We seem to get a lot of Fog on the lake. Looking at a Garmin 18" Phantom Radar system for detecting boat traffic around me.

Does anyone have have the Phantom system and if yes will it work? Also I have rod holders on the back of my roof. Will they interfere ?

Yes, the phantom works well. I ran it on the boss's boat last Summer. You can always mount it on a pedestal from Sea View to get a little more height. If you call Krenzer Marine tomorrow I can get you some prices. Ask for Rick.

Edited by Yankee Troller

Marks that are on path to collide with you show red, when they are clear or going opposite from you show green. Can see rain showers or birds flying even large balloons on the water. Like anything practice in daylight when skys clear so you know what your looking at when visibility sucks>

Shimmed at slight downward angle so if your moving 5+ you wont have any blind spots in front of you when your bow starts rising. Your boat may be different. My rod holders on rear no issue.

Hewes_New_Buffalo.jpg