New Guy

nosswa

New guy on the scene here. 

Came across this group as I was looking for information fishing big water.  Looks like a good bunch of guys.

I am late to the boating scene. as I am in my late 40's.  I have a 20' StarCraft Islander with a Mercruiser 120.  I have had it for about 3 years.

It does not have a kicker motor.  Not sure if it is a necessity/ highly recommended/ or a nice to have item, but the cost is going to determine the outcome of that option.

Im looking for some guidance and recommendations on fishing BIG water. I have fished on some of the finger lakes (not comparing it to Ontario) just info for the thread, for about 5 years. 

I have 2 downriggers, and Lowrance fish finder, VHF Radio.   Fished copper on Seneca and Cayuga. 

Taking recommendations on fishing gear, techniques, and locations with a frugal budget in mind. 

thank you in advance.

Almost Retired 

Welcome aboard!  You'll find years worth of archived data on this site - everything from tackle techniques to mechanical how-to's.  I'd implore you to poke around and see what you find.  Beyond that, the quickest way to run the learning curve is to book a charter out of whichever port you intend to fish.  

Tight Lines,

Chris