Best month, dates for Salmon Fishing Trip?

Hello all. My friend from Idaho wants to come and spend a week Salmon Fishing and I'm trying to decide what week would be best. Two years ago he came the last week of July. We did pretty good, but I thought I should have had him come earlier. Please share your recommendation. I realize there's no guarantee as far as weather goes, but generally, what do you think? I fish out of OLCOTT.  Thanks.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by garrymny
Olcott

22 hours ago, garrymny said:

Hello all. My friend from Idaho wants to come and spend a week Salmon Fishing and I'm trying to decide what week would be best. Two years ago he came the last week of July. We did pretty good, but I thought I should have had him come earlier. Please share your recommendation. I realize there's no guarantee as far as weather goes, but generally, what do you think? Thanks.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The month of July is tough to beat on the west end...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/17/2020 at 5:19 AM, jimski2 said:

The Kings stage in August offshore in 120 foot on the bottom. Waiting to spawn there and when cold nights cool off the creek, they will then move up to ascend to spawn.

I've never had as good of luck in August off Olcott as I have earlier in the summer. I have no luck at all getting the staging Salmon to bite!