Cayuga 3/14-3/15

Fun weekend. We boated well over 60 in 2 days, hits were over 80+ probably pushing 100. I have 48 releases, had to pull a board in both days to reload, ran out by 10 am. Lots of 16-17” salmon. All salmon except 5 browns today, biggest was 7.11lbs. Kept a bunch both days for the smoker. Triple to start the day today, when we finally got 4 rods set, could not keep em in the water. Off the water both days by noon. SKINNY WATER!IMG_0394.JPGIMG_0396.JPGIMG_0388.JPGIMG_0398.JPGIMG_0387.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 4

Looking good.  :yes:

I wondered if you were there when I docked midday but didn't want to start yelling  "Hey Doc", especially with the current climate in the country. :-(

I was pulling out the White Wellcraft with the dark green pickup around noon.

Found salmon until the sun burned through then had a good time with this Northern.  First one I've caught on Cayuga.

IMG_20200315_154057.jpg

7 minutes ago, Reel Doc said:

Looking good.  :yes:

I wondered if you were there when I docked midday but didn't want to start yelling  "Hey Doc", especially with the current climate in the country. :-(

I was pulling out the White Wellcraft with the dark green pickup around noon.

Found salmon until the sun burned through then had a good time with this Northern.  First one I've caught on Cayuga.

IMG_20200315_154057.jpg

Damn, I wish you said something! There was a lot of boats coming out at that time. anyway that is a beautiful rig! I actually was commenting on it to my buddy when we were leaving. Great pike! great job!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lyteline said:

Doc if you're the red Lund Cyn and I have seen you there several times.Thank you for Sharing and great job on the water....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

We're you out there today?

3 hours ago, lyteline said:

Samon looks like you're doing perty good.Thats a nice fish...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks much, but truth be told...I caught this 24lber and about 12 more big salmon and 6 steelhead Aug 24, 2018 fishing on a charter with Legacy Rob. That day has changed my life. I have been a fisherman my whole life but never took advantage of one of the best fisheries in the nation right here in my "own backyard" (due to ignorance, not apathy).

I will be picking up my Sportcraft 250 in 3 weeks from Rustyhook1971 after spending two years trying to turn an 18ft bowrider into a salmon fishing machine. Not so much.

Since that day (actually two years prior) I have visited this site more or less on a daily basis in order to learn from a talented group of fishermen (and women). The 2020 Niagara salmon school was a big help along with the series by Dan Keating. Now it comes down to some serious sea time, putting it to use, taking notes, and the school of hard knocks.

Tight lines to you this season!