What a nightmare

Going to be a rough patch ahead for everyone. When you find yourself in the swamp you have two choices, stop and sink or keep walking. We as a country and here as a community will keep walking, it’s what we do. Won’t be painless or easy but we will get to the other side.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 8

LOU filled with great people. Knot worthy on this site offered to bring my daughter to the border if needed. Luckily my wife works with a Canadian nurse that is married to the head of Canadian Immigration. Much better than plan B which involved my boat .......

• Like 4

LOU filled with great people. Knot worthy on this site offered to bring my daughter to the border if needed. Luckily my wife works with a Canadian nurse that is married to the head of Canadian Immigration. Much better than plan B which involved my boat .......

That’s awesome, I was thinking the same thing! Necessity is the mother of invention.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Keep from getting by not touching your face , wash hands with mild soap [ eg DOVE soap has an added lotion  ] and limit exposure as best you can ! ie only do what you must until the dust settles ! I will probably have more time to cast from shore [ no corona 19 there ]

Tuffisher  M.D.

• Like 2

From The NYSDEC Website, in terms of what is announced as cancelled:

DEC Announces Rainbow Trout Sampling for Finger Lakes Tributaries Cancelled

New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) Regional Director Paul D'Amato today announced the cancellation of this year's rainbow trout sampling in Finger Lakes tributaries to reduce the community spread of COVID-19.

Sampling was scheduled for Thursday, March 19, at Naples Creek in Ontario County, and Friday, March 20, at Cold Brook (Keuka Inlet) in the hamlet of Pleasant Valley, Steuben County.

Nothing there about cancelling April 1, but it would be logical to help maintain the 6 feet, and keeping us "old farts" at home, where we are recommended (and will likely be mandated) to stay.  Someone who is over 60 and continues to travel freely, and gets the bug, is just as irresponsible as the kids on the beaches of Florida.  So as nice as the weather has been, and as much as I know where there are oodles of fresh and not so fresh chromers, I have hung up the rods as the stream does not flow through my back yard, which is where I am hearing the authorities say I ought to be limiting myself to.   If I have to go out to get a prescription on Tuesday, I'll be out early, same if I decide I have to have dairy and fresh vegetables, but otherwise these old walls are going to get very tiresome before I get to travel again.  The parks are open for the younger set, especially the caregivers tending kids.  Be aware that a lot of them are open but the bathrooms and facilities are locked, so bring your trowel and TP (if you managed to get some before the crowns descended) so you can dig a cat hole if Nature beckons.  I am going to try to get clarification on whether hiking a stream might be allowed even for "the olds," but I may not hear back as all my old friends at MCDPH are up to their earlobes in interviewing possible vectors.  AND A HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL THOSE FOLKS PUTTING IN ALL THAT ADDITIONAL TIME TO PROTECT THE COMMUNITY. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lucky13 said:

From The NYSDEC Website, in terms of what is announced as cancelled:

DEC Announces Rainbow Trout Sampling for Finger Lakes Tributaries Cancelled

New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) Regional Director Paul D'Amato today announced the cancellation of this year's rainbow trout sampling in Finger Lakes tributaries to reduce the community spread of COVID-19.

Sampling was scheduled for Thursday, March 19, at Naples Creek in Ontario County, and Friday, March 20, at Cold Brook (Keuka Inlet) in the hamlet of Pleasant Valley, Steuben County.

Nothing there about cancelling April 1, but it would be logical to help maintain the 6 feet, and keeping us "old farts" at home, where we are recommended (and will likely be mandated) to stay.  Someone who is over 60 and continues to travel freely, and gets the bug, is just as irresponsible as the kids on the beaches of Florida.  So as nice as the weather has been, and as much as I know where there are oodles of fresh and not so fresh chromers, I have hung up the rods as the stream does not flow through my back yard, which is where I am hearing the authorities say I ought to be limiting myself to.   If I have to go out to get a prescription on Tuesday, I'll be out early, same if I decide I have to have dairy and fresh vegetables, but otherwise these old walls are going to get very tiresome before I get to travel again.  The parks are open for the younger set, especially the caregivers tending kids.  Be aware that a lot of them are open but the bathrooms and facilities are locked, so bring your trowel and TP (if you managed to get some before the crowns descended) so you can dig a cat hole if Nature beckons.  I am going to try to get clarification on whether hiking a stream might be allowed even for "the olds," but I may not hear back as all my old friends at MCDPH are up to their earlobes in interviewing possible vectors.  AND A HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL THOSE FOLKS PUTTING IN ALL THAT ADDITIONAL TIME TO PROTECT THE COMMUNITY. 

The DEC was stocking trout yesterday afternoon on our property across the street from where I work on Edgemere. Normally we get an advanced notification, but not this time.....

Looks like lots of solo trips for me on my boat coming up. Always wanted to name her either "seeking solitude" or " the mistress". I think both are fitting for what this spring/summer of fishing looks like so far. I'm just hoping they dont do a statewide shutdown and lock us all inside. Get out while you can 

Looks like lots of solo trips for me on my boat coming up. Always wanted to name her either "seeking solitude" or " the mistress". I think both are fitting for what this spring/summer of fishing looks like so far. I'm just hoping they dont do a statewide shutdown and lock us all inside. Get out while you can 
A good boat name for the solo guy would be "social distancing". Very trendy

Im a frequent solo fishing guy who isnt much for crowds anyway so suddenly my approach is the cool thing to do lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Capt. Wallace Kimmel said:

PD Buoy,  good to hear from you, doing good here, no virus in Oswego county yet, trying to get Camps ready for spring Fishing. My mate Bob was out a couple times and caught some nice browns. Hope all is well with you and family. 

Hope all stays good with the Virus and it is put in check mode soon.Heard from Al today, and he said some of the boys out of Catfish caught a dozen browns. Hope it is a Great year you and All that fish the Eastern shoreline. Boy, Spring 2018 was epic for the Kings!!!

Hello All, I'm a fisherman from Ohio , planning on another early August trip this year out of Olcott/Newfane area. What kind of restriction does the state and local municipality have in place now ? Lodging and boat slip needed to send in deposit. Any info would be GREAT Thanks Squire