Looking for advice on Brown Trout lures

Both are fine. Spoons work well off the riggers. 30 to 50 back on the riggers, 70 to 100 on flat lines or boards.
Look for warm pearl green water. Stay out of gin clear water. Go slow, 1.8 to 2.2 mph. Stay shallow, most likely ten to thirty feet of water.
I think you’ll find it’s not that hard or technical. I bet you’ll catch fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice. Do you have any lure pattern suggestions? I have a small 1775 Lund with 2 riggers and side planer mast.

Hey i have the same boat, i run the 2 riggers with spoons (michigan stingers) prob 30-50 ft back and then run 1-2 offshore boards off either side. I pretty much run smithwick or F-11 floating rapalas. 100ft back and second board 125ft back. Hope this helps. Provided i can cross boarder i will be going down in a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Hey i have the same boat, i run the 2 riggers with spoons (michigan stingers) prob 30-50 ft back and then run 1-2 offshore boards off either side. I pretty much run smithwick or F-11 floating rapalas. 100ft back and second board 125ft back. Hope this helps. Provided i can cross boarder i will be going down in a month.

Thanks for the feedback, this is my first boat and trying to get it set up right has been overwhelming at times and this forum has been extremely helpful. I have two otter boats to run in closer to shore. Do you think 4 riggers would be too busy? I have been thinking about adding two more.

Keep it simple. Two riggers and two boards is more than fine. Plenty of time to complicate things down the road.
I rarely run more than four rods.

Don’t worry too much about the “right” lures. When the kids were young I would often let them pick the lures out of the box. Matters less what. Matters more where and how.
You’ll do great.

• Like 1

Don’t worry too much about the “right” lures. When the kids were young I would often let them pick the lures out of the box. Matters less what. Matters more where and how.
You’ll do great.

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement and advice. I look forward to being out there in two weeks.

Mix up the colors, see which is working. Adjust according to the bite. If you find a "spot" holding fish, don't be afraid to run it over, and over especially if the water looks good. Tons of solid advice here from some seasoned fisherman. You will catch fish, enjoy !

• Like 1

Where you going out of?? First boat, do you know how to run all the gear?? Have fun, Browns are a great place to start.

I plan on launching out of Mexico point launch. No, I wouldn’t say I know how to run all of the gear, but this site has been helpful and I thought fishing close to shore for browns would be a good way to get started. What are your thoughts?

Good luck an have fun with the boys that's the most important thing. Here are a couple producers for me, bay rats are the sticks n, moonshine an Michigan stinger spoons.
Tight lines, IMG_20190327_133531.thumb.jpeg.55a0e89a0efa9f55859f78e3eef4befd.jpegIMG_20180412_104730.thumb.jpeg.337c55e364268d7eb558ce1e3748e63c.jpegIMG_20180227_085249.thumb.jpeg.1db25b238347f308cb44ce92362f6b54.jpegIMG_20190601_134319.thumb.jpeg.18cb48d8b5b81f4023ee7f955eae5e3c.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks for letting me know what to use, I am going to try my best in two weeks to catch a couple trout. This trout you catch are much bigger than we have ever caught in our small lakes in my are. I love watching the boys catch fishIMG_9080.JPGIMG_9120.JPG

Thanks for letting me know what to use, I am going to try my best in two weeks to catch a couple trout. This trout you catch are much bigger than we have ever caught in our small lakes in my are. I love watching the boys catch fishIMG_9080.thumb.JPG.fa409f0ae9e41092da5de2b00510589e.JPGIMG_9120.thumb.JPG.d2d07b9e77339239a1aca318cac486b2.JPG

Shark Hunter, is Mexico point a good place to start?