Economics going forward

HB2

The Fed and state are hemorrhaging money on Med And security reasons 

There are many that live from hand to mouth , and have just had their paycheck taken away . 

The tax money revenue machine   for sales and income tax has been cut in half. 

April 15 is coming up soon and many will be stone broke by then 

Stimulus checks will be going out soon. 

Where is the money going to  come from ? We already are operating at a deficit . 

It's going to take years to recover from this . I hope I'm wrong . 

I was hoping for a new hatchery for Brown's , but my guess is that won't happen . 

I just hope we maintain the level of fishery we have . Which at this point seems trivial . 

Prepare yourselves for cuts . 

I'll leave the " they are overreacting to the situation " for another conversation . 

Off the dock yesterday afternoon , a few Smallmouth and a brown . Jigs under a float . 

I'm going as much as I can while I still can . Can't Catch the CV   fishing . 

Bridges were loaded with cars . Guys have the same idea,as me . 

Stay well my friends . 

People are still buying tackle during these trying times.  I have had a record week selling Gambler Rigs.  2 shows being cancelled might have something to do with it but I have sold more than I would have made at the 2 shows combined.  Not what I expected. 

• Like 2

If you think things are bad, just wait till next year. The crew running Washington now are creating such deficits now while they are in office, Washington will be bankrupt for the next twenty years and the next crew will be impotent.

1 hour ago, jimski2 said:

If you think things are bad, just wait till next year. The crew running Washington now are creating such deficits now while they are in office, Washington will be bankrupt for the next twenty years and the next crew will be impotent.

This administration is certainly adding to it at this point, but we have seen this in the past.  the last administration during 2010-2012 added ~3.9 trillion.  It'll turn around eventually but I wouldn't be waiting for any tax cuts.  

This  situation is bad but folks need to get a grip on things. It could be much worse than this despite the current perceptions. If the electric grid ever goes down or is taken down by one of our numerous enemies the current "desperation" would pale in comparison. If China calls in our debt to them and we refuse to pay.....it goes on and on. We need to do what we can to limit this spread of the virus in any way we can and yes it involves being "inconvenienced" and economic downsides for us but do a little research on things here at home during the Second World War (rationing of food and goods, no cars being manufactured, medicines being unavailable etc.) The fact is that we have become a very complacent, pampered, and unprepared society and this should be a "wake up call" to us about our vulnerabilities and national security concerns (e.g. medications manufactured in China). We also need to get our manufacturing capability of critical goods and steel production back in this country and get rid of this purely

profit mentality.

Spring Break beach parties and folks crammed into air terminals are not helping the current situation either. It is going to involve personal sacrifice in the upcoming weeks possibly including fishing interruptions and many other things we are not used to  but it is what it is. We are in survival mode right now and it is necessary to adopt the necessary mental set relating to that. The economic factors are what they are and somehow we have to deal with it in a rational manner in survival mode and do what we have to do to make a go of it at the personal level. It is also a time to fully appreciate this great country of ours and reflect on how we ourselves can be good citizens and help others which is the "American way".

• Like 11

X2 Sk8man, I see a prime opportunity to try to recapture basic morals and values. In the process of setting up home school through tech for 9 grandkids. They're thinking of keeping schools closed here for the rest of the school year. Think about that for a min.......Nope, not on my watch.
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

Anyone with a gov job will not be financially affected 

Anyone on a pension other than gov or on SS may be affected long term 

Essential businesses may see a boom long term . 

Small business non essential will get hurt greatly short term and will drive some out of business .  Also their employees . 

If you have investments which are your retirement , they in some cases have dropped by a third . 

Payments on a lot of stuff will be late for some time to come for those that live hand to mouth.  And the people that receive those payments and depend on them will feel the affects . Remember the housing bubble ? . Bankruptcy lawyers will get rich. And this will bring the rest of the country down .

Unemployment will spike , thus depleting the fund , which employers will see added assessments to their contributions .  

Unfortunately , this may be the reality of this . 

The Gov knows all this , thus the stimulus ,which will soften the blow . 

My feeling is this will blow over soon and  I'm hoping for that.  But we could feel the affect of this for a while . 

The good thing about this is a reorganization of essential medical etc. 

Bring the capabilities of those home so we can take care of ourselves . Which means jobs for citizens . It really is a national security issue . 

I'm going to work until somebody physically tells me I can't . 

Fishing again today . 

Stay well my friends . 

Iran was subjected to sanctions on trade thirty years ago. In response their government increased their steel production to replace The loss from us and our allies. Today Iran has the tenth largest steel capacity in the world. Today our steel industry is controlled by foreign ownership that do not pay taxes here. The USA must become independent from foreign industries that are bleeding our economy worse than military actions.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

28 minutes ago, GAMBLER said:

Not true. I have an essential government job but my wife does not. Losing one income is a huge hit to my household.

As I said , gov jobs will not  be affected . The money always seems to be there for those . Like clockwork . 

Imagine if both household incomes were not Gov  jobs . 

A young couple , mortgage to the max , car payments , health ins , credit cards . 

No savings . 

I see a lot of buying opportunity coming soon for those that have money . 

And a lot of bankruptcy if this doesn't end very soon . 

The gap between the haves and have nots will widen , greatly . 

Hello Bernie !! 

I don't mind looking out for the health of my fellow Americans , but I don't want to go broke doing it . 

And as Jimski says . We need to stop outsourcing everything . So we don't have to kiss ass to get essential stuff . 

This kind of stuff is in Trumps wheelhouse . He is organized and knows how to delicate . 

The most scary part of all this ? 

Cuomo and Trump praising and agreeing with each other . 

Unlike disasters such as 911 which hit more directly on New Yorkers this pandemic covers all of America (potentially) and is world wide in distribution and the impact widespread  so the motivation to be better prepared afterward may be more pronounced (hopefully). We have been "asleep at the switch" for some time now and even in terms of national security. many  the things being ramped up now (supply lines, essential items, and the inclusion of other options for manufacturing during emergency conditions may help us in the future so despite the serious and negative nature of this situation it may help us in the future. There can be "upsides"  to negative situations as well. The economy has shown that it can be resilient over time but there are always casualties during downturns and its like natural selection of the fittest and sometimes has eliminated unnecessary "fat" from systems streamlining them  too. We have to be flexible and adapt both mentally and physically at the personal level during these trying times. A key to it is asking ourselves "How can I become part of the solution and NOT part of the problem":smile:

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jimski2 said:

The USA depends a lot on power from Canadian Hydro plants. If we lose that source what would it take to restart our closed power plants?

We sell a lot of our power from our nuke plants to the US and they are not going down.  We manufacture the fuel for them and we are deemed an essential service, however there are many months of inventory for them for situations such as this.  No need to worry about loss of electricity anywhere.

3 hours ago, Sk8man said:

A key to it is asking ourselves "How can I become part of the solution and NOT part of the problem":smile:

Please spare me the Kuhmbaya speech .

There are a lot of people out there that need to , in no uncertain terms , be told to pull their heads out of their ass and get with the program so that when , not if , something happens like this, they are prepared to weather the storm without being a burden on the rest of us that have taken the time , sacrificed , and prepared ourselves .

THAT , is their patriotic duty . 

Edited by HB2