Economics going forward

HB2

52 minutes ago, HB2 said:

Please spare me the Kuhmbaya speech .

There are a lot of people out there that need to , in no uncertain terms , be told to pull their heads out of their ass and get with the program so that when , not if , something happens like this, they are prepared to weather the storm without being a burden on the rest of us that have taken the time , sacrificed , and prepared ourselves .

THAT , is their patriotic duty . 

You missed my point. I am referring to folks like those still screwing around on the beaches down south, those that are still partying and hanging out together. By  the way I've been prepared for this for the last fifteen years - just didn't know what the origin of the problem would be but I am prepared for everything including a societal breakdown of norms and laws and was well trained for it in the past. In short, it was no Kuhmbaya speech.

• Like 1

Here's a little tail from today's events. Bear with me....wife and I have been trying to maintain protocol for 12 days now. She's a germaphobe and I have copd. Last Thurs fridge took a crap. Ordered new one from box store. 2 guys deliver today, no company protocol. Ok, disinfect everything move on. Water line not compatible, have to break protocol and go to box store. Place is packed, old folks buying mulch, younger families with kids buying paint and home improvement stuff. Usual routine. Go home, install new water line, it leaks. Back to box store, place is busier than previously. Go home, install, still leaks. Back to box store, yatti yatti. Ended up cutting of entire line on an $1800 frig. Wife is following me around with gloves and lysol. All faulty parts made in China.
Did I really need to get a new fridge, absolutely. Did I really need water and ice at this moment. No! Back to protocol, fingers crossed. I feel guilty.
Time to get serious, everyone is slowly loosing their minds, I get it.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Just a tip based on a recent experience where my kitchen floor needed to be replaced ($9,000 plus $2500 for mold removal folks). When you install the water line make damned sure that the fittings are tight and don't leak in back of the fridge. Luckily my homeowners covered it and they won a case in court to recover the money from where we bought the refrigerator and who installed it. Basically it had a very slow water leak over months that got under our kitchen floor and behind some sheet  rock wall in back of the refrigerator. It was all because the little nut on the fitting on the back of the refrigerator needed to be tightened another quarter turn when they installed it. I didn't want the ice machine in the first place  but my wife seemed to think it essential:smile:.

Edited by Sk8man

Make sure you use new flares and fittings . If you reuse flares or compression fittings they set and form .And may not seal good a second time .  

I also don't like those fittings that clamp on to the 3/4  And pierce the pipe . 

A sweat fitting or maybe shark tooth for that if it's copper . 

1/4" tubing is as easy as it gets to not have leaks. The real solution to not having leaks most people neglect is to strap the tubing to the wall and the back of the fridge with a 1/4" one or two hole tubing strap so when you slide the fridge in and out you don't twist, cock, or loosen your connections. Also leave an extra coil or 2 of tubing to act like a spring when you slide the fridge in and out.

35 minutes ago, Tyee II said:

1/4" tubing is as easy as it gets to not have leaks. The real solution to not having leaks most people neglect is to strap the tubing to the wall and the back of the fridge with a 1/4" one or two hole tubing strap so when you slide the fridge in and out you don't twist, cock, or loosen your connections. Also leave an extra coil or 2 of tubing to act like a spring when you slide the fridge in and out.

Exactly right:yes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frogger said:

Switch from plastic to copper if you haven’t yet from your feed to the fridge. Had a bad experience one time where the plastic tubing split after a few years. Not good.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

They also make a flexible segmented stainless tubing which I now have

So far so good.lol . I'm not going to home depot again. If it leaks, f### it. Vise grips and duct tape. I'll trade toilet paper for a fresh browny. Funny sh ...t

Install a shut off where the ice maker connects to the copper / plastic. That way if the hose leaks, **** the water off to it and live without an ice maker and water.

Have a peirce valve on line, it'll do for now. Thanks Gambler. Didn't mean to turn this thread into a plumbing for dummies. Be safe ,and wish all my NY fishing neighbors well. It's getting sporty now!

Install a shut off where the ice maker connects to the copper / plastic. That way if the hose leaks, **** the water off to it and live without an ice maker and water.