All Non-essential Gatherings CANCELLED!

https://www.wktv.com/content/news/All-NY-workers-in-non-essential-businesses-ordered-to-stay-home-568964201.html

Sounds to me like fishing anything but solo is off limits. What is your interpretation? 
Damn....i was hoping to drag my boat up next week. I think the problem now is unknown lines drawn on enforcement, support etc when and where needed. Driving up i loose a wheel bearing on 81 north....now what. Could be stranded....could end up in trouble. Have to see where this settles out. I feel like NY and California are trying to one up each other

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The smart decision is to stay home 

Don't take any unnecessary chances and put yourself or anyone else in harm's way or God forbid something happen you use services that should be used somewhere else . 

The last thing I want right now is for me or a loved one to be in a hospital . 

Fish for what is close to you . And ride it out . 

Stay well my friends 

• Like 1

I’ve never been on unemployment but applied today online. Seeing as I can’t work I’ll take the $500 a week.
You can call your mortgage company and banks that hold your car notes and defer payments for 90 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

11 minutes ago, whaler1 said:

I’ve never been on unemployment but applied today online. Seeing as I can’t work I’ll take the $500 a week.
You can call your mortgage company and banks that hold your car notes and defer payments for 90 days.

Unlucky and lucky at the same time. Where I work was deemed an essential providing business and we continue to operate at 100%. While I still get paid, I also have daily contact with 100s of people that could potentially get me sick  and in turn the rest of my family as well. Don't know if I'm lucky or not...

• Like 1

I didn't confirm yet but i was just told the trout stocking has been canceled in Pennsylvania

Stand corrected: No early Trout opener and persons assisting in stockings.

To help ensure public safety, volunteers are NOT permitted to assist with stocking activities. We have accelerated the stocking schedule to ensure fish are stocked while taking measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19.

REMINDER: Trout Opening Day is Saturday, April 18, 2020 for the entire state. There is no earlier regional opener this year. For more information, view our COVID-19 page (https://www.fishandboat.com/Pages/covid-19.aspx).

We appreciate your patience and support during this process, thank you.

Edited by dbitting
Update

1 hour ago, Frogger said:

Depends on who your fishing with and who stops you ...... officer might look at ya and say “you couldn’t catch a meal if a fish was in a bucket sitting in your living room”.......

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I CAN TAKE MY SON'S THAT LIVE WITH ME. WE CAN SELF QUARANTINE ON THE BOAT JUST LIKE HOME. THEY CATCH ALL THE FISH ANY WAY.

• Like 2

Our police/troopers will be trying to avoid as much contact as possible as well.  My sense is no one is going to get hassled for going fishing.  I’m bringing snacks and caffeine with me from now on though instead of making pit stops at every D&D and gas station I pass.

Fishingfool stay safe and healthy at work...hard to tell which is worse right now.  Being on the unemployment line or potentially putting yourself and your family in harms way to keep things running.

• Like 1

R

13 hours ago, whaler1 said:

DEFER 

That is the operative word in that statement 

DEFER for 90 days . And after those 90 days which it 3 payments you will have to come up with those 3 payments and the 4 th that is due . Not a goods scenario for a lot of people , and a recipe for disaster . 

The are doing the same thing with business sales taxes and other stuff . 

You don't have to pay now but you have to pay a lot more latter . 

As a landlord , similar rules have been enacted . I have hard time getting some to pay on time as it is  as some of my tennents are barely making it . Can't wait to see the fun that is coming down . 

• Like 1

Our police/troopers will be trying to avoid as much contact as possible as well.  My sense is no one is going to get hassled for going fishing.  I’m bringing snacks and caffeine with me from now on though instead of making pit stops at every D&D and gas station I pass.

Fishingfool stay safe and healthy at work...hard to tell which is worse right now.  Being on the unemployment line or potentially putting yourself and your family in harms way to keep things running.

Yes, you are probably right, you just have to be in the mindset that if you are, don’t be upset at anyone but yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Just to be clear, the defer thing means that they are pausing payments, and once they resume you will stay on schedule. You will not owe all three payments at once. You will owe three extra payments after the original terms of your loan are satisfied. It's tacked onto the back end. You will not owe penalties or late fees. Whether interest accrues during the deferral period is up to the lender. Generally, you will accrue interest on your remaining principle during that time, with the exception of student loans via federal mandate.

As for fishing, I just received a notice from Maine that they're making fishing open to all through April 30th, so that's a suggestion that it's okay. I actually heard one of our top officials talking about getting out hiking and fishing, so long as you maintain social distancing. And you know, people have to get to the store for groceries and gas and other necessities, so there's still going to be folks out and about. The important thing is to stay calm and use your noggin. Once I get my daily dose of Zoom conferences and emergency edicts, I will be out in the woods with a chainsaw or in the kayak with a rod.

• Like 1

The defer piece is a benefit for some due to hardships their going to be faced with soon coming. Whether it’s adding it on the back side or adding interest, for some it will help. I’m with ya on the zoom conferencing.

Glad to see Maine’s keeping it open to the fishing. As of this morning NY has almost as many deaths as Maine has total confirmed cases. I just hope we can make a down turn quickly otherwise the next steps will be potential curfews. If you haven’t realized it, the valve in NY is continuously being closed until we see improvement. I guess if theres any latitude now get it while you can while being smart as Gator mentioned.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

At some point the piper needs to get paid . 

And yes ,I'm calm and using my head ,and still remain positive . 

But there are a lot of morons out there that won't be . And the rest of us will pay the price . 

Threw $200 of fuel in the boat. Charging the batteries now.
May have to go wash some lures soon.
Jr wants to go in the am. Tried to tell him temps in the 20’s and northeast wind at 13 won’t be pleasant but lord knows he knows a lot more about this than I do.

53 minutes ago, whaler1 said:

Threw $200 of fuel in the boat. Charging the batteries now.
May have to go wash some lures soon.
Jr wants to go in the am. Tried to tell him temps in the 20’s and northeast wind at 13 won’t be pleasant but lord knows he knows a lot more about this than I do.

Enjoy it while you can...I can remember when my son would drag me out when I knew it wasn't "time"...now he has his own responsibilities and it isn't as much as I'd like, but don't worry he will always know more if you ask him! Lol

Yeah kinda like human nature....I never fully appreciated my parents advice until I was 5,000 miles from home in the military at 18 yrs old:lol:

Rough water and 20 degrees on Lady O is different from rough water and 80 degrees in the Keys. You guys (in the non-gender sense, no offense to your daughter) are hard-core. Big change from last week though, I bet. Go get 'em!