Tournaments

The first tournament is not all that far off so we should put our heads together as how to proceed. Maybe all will be well by then but who knows? Maybe we could still have it without the picnic? Maybe an on line tournament on any body of water? We could use a code word issued on day of tournament that we would make our own signs for. Adjustments.JPG maybe just pass on this one and share info and catches with each other? Use the money you would have paid to enter to buy a bait from Zack or Steve or anyone who’s not going to be able to sell at the expos. Or spend it on food. I don’t know how many of us are hurting. Your thoughts please. God bless and stay well.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 2

Very tough call. This COVID-19 is presenting many unknowns. One thing I want to mention is that in the Chapter 70 blog in the back of the Jan/Feb Muskie mag, they announced that they are going to have a season long tournament where members can fish any waters, and will not have any traditional tournaments. I am not sure how it will be judged or how prizes will be determined. And I don't think they had the COVID-19 virus in mind when they decided on the plan. So some input from them on how they will manage it might be helpful.

At this point, we don't know how to be diligent and in compliance with new mandated gathering and travel restrictions, including anglers traveling across state lines. It also looks like the Region 3 Chapter Challenge might even be affected.

Today the governor was talking 4-9 months of restrictions. Maybe to shock people into compliance but who knows? Tournament season not looking good. On the plus side I can still go fishing. We’ll just roll with it for now I guess and see how it goes. Sharpen those hooks and wash your hands.

I'd pay decent $ to see ya net a fish solo with your own net while wearing a facemask - let me know when to start the popcorn.

I wonder if we have to fish solo, have our own net and/or net our own fish, wear a mask (unobtainable). What about Charters?

20200323_074132.thumb.jpeg.ed668e0f5c3464f313301c096320a9bd.jpeg Sent from my SM-G973U using Lake Ontario United mobile app 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2020 at 7:41 AM, zach said:

I'd pay decent $ to see ya net a fish solo with your own net while wearing a facemask - let me know when to start the popcorn.

20200323_074132.thumb.jpeg.ed668e0f5c3464f313301c096320a9bd.jpeg Sent from my SM-G973U using Lake Ontario United mobile app 

I just wanna see someone with tan lines from a n95!!  My rods sponsor has discount on UV protection masks...they say they couldn't hurt for coronavirus...

I’m essential so I’m working 6 days a week. At night I drink and buy muskie lures. I bought so much stuff I don’t know what’s in the box I’m opening. Kinda fun,sorta like scratch offs. Stay well.

• Like 3