2020. The season that wasn’t ??

This Corona virus pandemic is getting very real,very fast.Actually changing by the hour .Being pinned down I am watching way to much TV news about the doom and gloom. That being said,does anyone think this season is a bust as far as getting boats in the water,marinas being closed,fuel docks closed etc,etc...?   For those reading I wish you and your families the best in health

Cumo was giving update yesterday and wasn't happy with the emergency coronavirus orders not being followed .Tonight Trump is sending the national guard to New York. Cumo's valve is going to get squeeze tighter.

I can't see anyone wanting to go hunting or fishing be stop by government as long as it with social distancing and no gathering as for derbies don't see it happening . Hopefully this virus Burns out come warmer weather if not it's going to be year or two bumpy ride . Stay safe everyone.

Sent from my XT1609 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

If the marinas are closed and I have to tow up and back every time I want to fish, it is going to get very expensive. Also I'm not a fan of fishing solo, so it likely will have a dramatic effect on how much fishing I do this year. I read somewhere Cuomo saying these rules aren't going to be just for a week, possibility of them staying in effect for anywhere between 4-9 months is very real.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, whaler1 said:

No cop is going to bust your balls for fishing or hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I agree.  Only break one law at a time.  Dont drive there smoking a joint with a beer between your legs and you will be fine.

• Like 1

Yeah my yard work is all done early!  I am now considering going up to the cottage and getting all the spring prep completed.  Boat is still in storage and I was looking forward to trying for some browns for the first time as I always seem to be busy in the spring.  Maybe this will be the year.:dance:

Just now, Norm Moser said:

More fishing for me,  I fish with my wife and son a lot so that wont change. agreed I cant see them stopping you from fishing as long as its not a large group.

Technically anything more than just you fishing by yourself is against the mandate... "no gatherings of individuals of ANY SIZE". I just got the NYS Parks email newsletter and they reference visiting parks for a "solitary nature break". They even go so far to say if you see crowds forming to choose a different park or trail. Most likely nobody will stop and give you a ticket for fishing with your family or friends, but it is pretty clearly against what they are trying to accomplish with the mandate imo.     

• Like 1