After numerous hands on tutorials with Chowder the past several years, and spot on boat upgrades this Winter by L&M I felt ready to get the call up from Triple A Cayuga to Major League Ontario.  

Probably not the best morning to choose for the first effort as the weather wasn't pleasant, but I went in with minimal expectations and figured at least some reconnaissance around Sodus would be worthwhile for the future.

Had my four legged first mate along but had to promise her an Apres Fishing Field Romp!

It was nearly 8:30 by the time we passed the lighthouse, turned West, and set lines.  Water temps in 15-25 FOW were steady between 39.5 and 40.5.  Kept speeds mostly between 2.2&2.5. For over an hour had steady fires, 2 good fish and the rest small.  Second half of the trip slowed down with only a couple little ones but the East wind kept building so pulled lines before 11 and headed in.

Needless to say I was ecstatic with some action despite the conditions and considering it was my first at bat it was great to avoid the strike out.

0322201606b.jpg

0322200907a.jpg

• Like 6

Nice post and beautiful dog. Certainly an improved experience over this "arm chair" fishing many of the rest of us have been doing:smile:

3 hours ago, lrg355 said:

This fishing buddy will wait in the boat or on the dock all day waiting to go. Would sleep in the boat and never leave if I let him.20190518_111310.jpeg20190518_113253.jpeg20190518_124609.jpeg20190423_085959.jpeg20190425_092603.jpeg

Sent from my SM-J737V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks for the great pictures.  Hopefully he doesn't try to eat the fish.  I had a client about 10 years ago who was an avid ice fisherman on the North end of Cayuga lake.  Any pike or pickerel they caught he would promptly amputate the head and chew it like rawhide.  Of course, the owner asks me during the appointment, "Is that ok if he eats the heads Doc?"   I think my answer was sure if he chews it well, but don't let him kiss you good night until he brushes his teeth.....