NY State stay at home order

7 minutes ago, rolmops said:

I think that the stay put advice is given to prevent people from unwittingly transporting the virus over long distances, like driving from Pennsylvania to Sandy Pond. As for Lakers, the 17 to 19 inch ones taste fine , the big ones in Lake Ontario are a lot oilier and probably loaded with PCBs because of their age. Besides, you do not want any lakers on the floor of your boat if you have carpets

Perhaps, although I think it is more likely to keep people from congregating in large groups and events locally.  Restaraunts, bars , work.  You already have truck drivers all over the US stopping at every gas station and rest area(that is open).  I think that is more of a threat than a guy pulling his boat from 1 house to another.  And honestly, I dont have carpet and dont like lakers hitting the deck somebody is likely to fall on their butt!:smile:

Truck drivers were mentioned.  A friend who knows a female semi driver very well and who has been driving them for over 30 years told me that rest rooms, and restaurants are closed all over the place and the drivers have no place to go to the bathroom or get food so many drivers are staying home. If this is so it won't be long before the supply chain becomes broken.

Edited by Sk8man

5 hours ago, Offshore IV said:

Yes youre right, fortunately it’s 7 miles from doorstep to launch for me so I think I’m OK. 

I'd have been fired multiple times by now if I lived that close.  Much like many moons ago when I was picking a college.  Syracuse was thought of and even my young stupid ass knew then that I would fail out running up to the river constantly

Guys- I called the Oswego county sheriffs office and was advised fishing is very much so allowable. Pretty sure the cop thought I was a moron. He had a tone that suggested I was wasting his time lol

exact words “you can absolutely go fishing”

7 miles from home to launch, wanna adopt a 65 year old?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

If I should up in a hazmat suit and a pfd would you be good with that?

Guys- I called the Oswego county sheriffs office and was advised fishing is very much so allowable. Pretty sure the cop thought I was a moron. He had a tone that suggested I was wasting his time lol

exact words “you can absolutely go fishing”

Sent from my SM-G900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Im not sure how they are going to handle the state parks either. They may not open the campgrounds because they have communicable bathrooms and again they are doing social distancing which camping goes against that.. Definitely no beaches maybe july 4th but I even doubt that realistically...

We will know more as time moves on. For now life is a ghost town. Restaurants closed except for to go and more are closing as this continues.  And for what its worth the water level is high already.....

image - 2020-03-20T155334.163.jpg

25 minutes ago, mrclean said:

Im not sure how they are going to handle the state parks either. They may not open the campgrounds because they have communicable bathrooms and again they are doing social distancing which camping goes against that.. Definitely no beaches maybe july 4th but I even doubt that realistically...

We will know more as time moves on. For now life is a ghost town. Restaurants closed except for to go and more are closing as this continues.  And for what its worth the water level is high already.....

image - 2020-03-20T155334.163.jpg

Hm the water level at Mexico point was actually low (compared to last year, although last year obvi is not a good comparison). I do not see public state launches closing. However the amount of trucks in the parking lot have far surpassed last year. Heck half the lot was full yesterday at 2pm on a Tuesday lol perhaps you could contribute that to people “working from home” lol

There were trailers in the parking area. 

Camps around here being opened up with people from the city. Let’s spread it through the state .

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

99 % of the humans that come into our area are from either out of state or more than 5 counties away. And im not even going to touch on the charter captains who themselves come from afar (some even from the downstate nyc area) yet alone their customer base.....the DEC did put out a memo on boat fishing. they want people to keep the six foot distance (one rod length) while in the boat.....but otherwise indicated no issues.....Someone please show me a charter boat that can hold 5 customers at 6 feet apart lol....Im no mathematician lol....but I think Ill fail this test lol..

Its going to boil down to..Will the sportsmen, fisherman, camper etc, have common sense.......and maybe lay low for awhile so large groups over 50 dont potentially spread this virus in these small lake shore towns.....Personally I think this all goes away by june if we comply which means we could see a profitable july 4th....but it seems like that is even a stretch 

007.JPG

Edited by mrclean

I have been quarantined in my house with my family for 2 weeks. We are all healthy. My boat is in the water. I have a kicker as well in case my main motor broke down. So I have been going out fishing on the lake this week when it's calm and have been staying close. My kids go with me. I'm using common sense and it has been the one shining light in this strange time.

I go from house to car to boat. Then boat to car to house. I see no one. I don't get near another human. It's working for me.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

I think a six foot min for folks on any boat isn’t possible. You’re still touching the net, rods, lures, beers or whatever else (just don’t boat and drive, of course). While I wouldn’t necessarily take someone from downstate out, I’m not going to suspend my brown trout season over this. I also am 100% working from home and I live alone so my exposure is less than most. 

I always pack my trolling motor and am never more than a couple hundred yards off shore, plus my motor only has 300 hours on it. If I have to beach my boat temporarily in someone’s yard, I will rather than risking law enforcement exposure. 

This is is an interesting article: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-03-18/99-of-those-who-died-from-virus-had-other-illness-italy-says?fbclid=IwAR1uBT16_cClk-j780dTsz38S3PthNH-IrznWYKnE6MCK3XwGQdPfE0VJ14

Edited by Offshore IV

4 minutes ago, Bustersit said:

I have been quarantined in my house with my family for 2 weeks. We are all healthy. My boat is in the water. I have a kicker as well in case my main motor broke down. So I have been going out fishing on the lake this week when it's calm and have been staying close. My kids go with me. I'm using common sense and it has been the one shining light in this strange time.

I go from house to car to boat. Then boat to car to house. I see no one. I don't get near another human. It's working for me.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Lake Ontario United mobile app

God bless you guys with a wife and multiple kids lol