NY State stay at home order

Don't have to.  We have a good Premier who has taken extraordinary steps to address things to slow this down.  People are getting fined for not adhering to the Emergency Laws that have been enacted.

Unfortunately our Prime Minister is a complete moron.  He's too busy playing in his Tickle Trunk or planning the next time he will appear in either Brownface or Blackface.  As spineless as they come.  I have no problem stating that he has flaws...….

And this isn't a US/Canada thing we are talking about.  This is serious **** happening right now and some people just will never get it.  Not too many people are considering fishing up here and boat ramps are being shut down.  

So I guess that since I'm not a US resident I cannot comment on your President's comments.  Go ahead and bash Trudeau, I couldn't care less.  I'd encourage you to bash him if he made ridiculous statements.

My daughter is a doctor in NJ. So far she has had 15 positive tests out of all those she’s given. That’s as many as in all Jefferson County where I live. She has 3 patients from one family on respirators, one 23 years old.
We are following her guidelines. I have gone solo perch fishing in my trailered boat 8 miles from home. No stops and didn’t go anywhere near anyone at the ramp.
I’d like to be brown trout fishing but she says no one else in the boat but my wife and no long travel. I’m only an hour from the lake but will not be making the trip. Time for some sacrifices to make everyone safer.
And yes I’m very proud of my daughter!IMG_0820.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

On the bright side...With no charters for a month or more and limited access to Lake Ontario there must be an abundance of fish to caught once this whole mess is contained, Be safe everyone and hope for the best case scenario for some form of normality.  

My hat is off to all the brave healthcare workers who risk their lives helping sick people today.We think things are bad here just check out  what the virus is doing in poor countries.My idea is to give another trillion for aiding these poor c ountries.In 1920 the second wave came which was much worse then covid 19.A Lot of it was poor countries suffered so much that the virus mutated into a awful bug.

We can't afford to make the same mistake this time.

Today sort of reminds me of my year in NAM,dont you think.

Countdown the days ,remember.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chinook35 said:

And you forgot to add. Staying alive and keeping loved ones alive. This is not make believe

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Check the stats, past five years  with flu deaths, really a lot, how many now? Not close, But they didn’t shut the country down, did they, I lost two friends in the past month  not from from the virus, I wonder if they added them? It’s not good but shut the country down, testing positive doesn’t mean your dead, a lot have had it and life’s going on,  Keep watching Coumo news and CNN, Check your hospital locally how many dying from it. Wear  your mask ,wash your hands, if you want to stay home do it be safe,  Will see in two weeks 2-300 thousand dead, then I’ll stay home if it’s true.

Edited by thork9
  • Like 1

Check the stats, past five years  with flu deaths, really a lot, how many now? Not close, But they didn’t shut the country down, did they, I lost two friends in the past month  not from from the virus, I wonder if they added them? It’s not good but shut the country down, testing positive doesn’t mean your dead, a lot have had it and life’s going on,  Keep watching Coumo news and CNN, Check your hospital locally how many dying from it. Wear  your mask ,wash your hands, if you want to stay home do it be safe,  Will see in two weeks 2-300 thousand dead, then I’ll stay home if it’s true.

I think the point is, if it is true, the time you spent being out and about will contribute to the additional risk that would be coming after that........ if some would of taken it seriously back then, we may not be where we are today...... for what ever it’s worth, we just had > 1000 deaths in the US in one day from this, that doubles any total from a result of the flu deaths and surpassed lung cancer. We will soon approach our #1 killer heart disease.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

I am really saddened by a lot I have read in the above thread. I understand many are from the North country I have so loved every summer for the last 40 years. BUT, you need to be scared! This is NOT media hype! And please don't think if no travelers come, we won't get it. What about your food? Where does it come from? Who handled it? How about packages? This is that viral!

I live in Suffolk county, 40 miles from NYC. There are now almost 9k cases in our county! This is NOT a "city thing!" Most are NOT sick when they are spreading this bug! I have several dear friends who are nurses at Huntington Hospital near me. They lost one of their own today to this virus! The scientists have all stopped JUST SHORT of saying this is now airborne! Truth is they are just not sure. No one is. It is too new.

So PLEASE, fish by yourself or with family from JUST YOUR HOUSE. If you travel, do so without going into stores or bait shops. Bring what you need with you and remain FAR from anyone else. The 6 foot is a joke. If you are even in the same room with someone positive, who coughs or sneezes, there is a good chance you will get it. So be scared, and be safe, and fish by yourself. This way you can keep yourselves and families safe and hopefully we will all live to talk about this years from now. God bless and hope you all find big fish in the future!

• Like 1

There is no stopping Covid-19. It is a Novell virus. It has found a way to jump from animals to humans. And now from human to human. It is a killer. We have no immune response to this monster. The whole purpose of social separation is to slow , not stop, the spread. Our hospitals are overwhelmed we are out of Ppe’s for doctors and nurses. Ventilators , necessary to keep people alive are in short supply If we don’t slow the spread , the whole world will fall into anarchy. The zombie apocalypse will be real Stay home. Protect yourselves and your loved ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

10 hours ago, thork9 said:

,  Will see in two weeks 2-300 thousand dead, then I’ll stay home if it’s true.

Now there is an enlightened approach. You can't fix that type of thinking.

• Like 4

We try as best we can keeping it always in mind when we arrive home, wash etc. much easier for a couple vs a family of six. And if you were referring to perch fish as a couple on a boat you would be able to maintain the distance while still having fun being out. I was referring to a boat full of family members where some are still potentially giving risk. Here’s an example: a husband and wife still work, has a son out of school at home, and a son that is also working due to college shutdown, do we all go out on a 18ft boat and perch fish?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

10 hours ago, thork9 said:

You are willing to gamble with your own health.  Sure, you're problem I guess.  But the other problem is, by being out and about you are gambling with everyone you encounter's health too.  And that's not cool.  You could easily be one of the people that get the virus and have little to no symptoms.  And then you spread it around to people who just might get very sick.

Stop being so damned selfish.

Here is the thing.  Every time one of us go on a solo fishing trip, the frequency we stop for gas goes up.  Stop for bait goes up.  Stop for snacks, whatever goes up.  I'm dying to get out on the water, but I just can't justify creating an unneeded opportunity to expose or be exposed.  So for now, we take frequent walks and try not to go nuts.  The last thing I want to do is be the one that brings this thing home because I was being selfish.

• Like 3

If you are going to fish solo, proceed as if you are infective: 1. WEAR A MASK 2. Pay for gas at the pump wearing gloves that have been sanitized w/ approved product before using sanitized card or touching pump. Do not spit (it's disgusting and unnecessary anyway). Do not go in store. bring your own coffee and food. 3.If you have to tie up boat after launching or haul out use sanitized gloves. Do not use public bathrooms. Too much to deal with? -THEN YOU DONT WANT TO GO BAD ENOUGH or  YOU ARE OK WITH BEING PART OF A CRISIS

• Like 3

I agree. I am currently fishing solo. Here's my process. Fish the nearby lake. Ramp is 6 miles from my house. I can usually get a couple trips in before needing to get gas. I pack my coffee, I pack my food. Leave my house, get to the ramp, wait for it to somewhat clear, and get out. If I have to stop for gas I dont go inside, just use the pump.

As much as I'd love to fish browns, making the hour and a half trip up is too risky in my book. I dont want to have an issue on the highway. I dont want to have to stop for snacks. I want to make the least points of contact that I possible can. The only way I can justify it in my mind is to fish solo, no stopping, and 6 miles from my house.

• Like 2

Edited 14 hours ago by thork9

IMG_0535.PNG

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I have always enjoyed the roll of devil's advocate.  So if the Covid-19 numbers prove to be nothing but a wild over action. Then someone else will be the donkey.

I would have to say no, because like combat we make our best decisions with the information at hand. We also know that sadly either way some will die and the jackass's will call others names. 🍺 cheers 

Let’s be real, guys that are fisherman and are layed off from work right now are going to fish at sometime. Let’s just be as safe as possible, short drives, no stops for lunch, pack it, take your in house family only. We all will need to keep our sanity at some point. Tight lines, stay safe.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, jimski2 said:

Well explain how two people in the same home can maintain social? distances?

2 people from the same home do NOT have to keep social distance. Sure, to be perfect it would be a good idea. But if one person in a home gets it, OR just is positive (without ever getting sick!!), chances are all in house will also be positive in short time. Again, it is that viral. We can all keep utmost diligence. More then you have ever done in your life, because your life, and all your family's, may depend on it. Sorry to be all gloom and doom but this is what is happening!

6 hours ago, Earl28 said:

I have always enjoyed the roll of devil's advocate.  So if the Covid-19 numbers prove to be nothing but a wild over action. Then someone else will be the donkey.

I would have to say no, because like combat we make our best decisions with the information at hand. We also know that sadly either way some will die and the jackass's will call others names. 🍺 cheers 

Well I am gonna be yours (devil). The hospital in my town is a big one! I have 3 friends that are nurses there. They told today they are now MAXED OUT! They cannot take one more person! And here's a number that may be nothing but, 630 people DIED in NY TODAY from Covid 19. That sir, is the information at hand. Please, do all you can, to not be a statistic. I pray this has wound down enough that my family and I can continue our summer retreat to TI

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1