NY State stay at home order

Well I am gonna be yours (devil). The hospital in my town is a big one! I have 3 friends that are nurses there. They told today they are now MAXED OUT! They cannot take one more person! And here's a number that may be nothing but, 630 people DIED in NY TODAY from Covid 19. That sir, is the information at hand. Please, do all you can, to not be a statistic. I pray this has wound down enough that my family and I can continue our summer retreat to TI

Love the soldier donkey story. That is perfect for those who have a hard time dealing with this deadly problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  • Like 2

Why is it okay to go fishing alone but not okay for me to operate my excavator to enlarge a driveway? I'm just as alone as someone on a boat. Today some "Brown Shirt" stopped and took my picture so she could report me for working. People were out mowing their lawns, riding bicycles, jogging, etc, but that okay.  If one outdoor activity is banned all outside activities should be banned.  I'm really concerned that people will so easily give up freedom for the false promise of safety. Or is a majority just too stupid to know what is safe behavior without the goverment telling them what to do?

• Like 4

One thing that makes me nervous is my friends living at the VA .Ive been visiting them for several years through many flu outbreaks.Sometimes they will stop visitation for a short time.Two years ago the flu seemed to stick around there but little quarantine.

The last years I began advocating for my friends because of problems there.It cost my volunteer status but I still keep up the fight

This year no visitors but my concern is staff bringing it in which is almost impossible to stop.Like all the nursing homes who have it now.even with no visitors.

I know many of them and depending on family ability might do better at home

If it was my parent or family I would take them home if they could.

Once its starts it will be hard to stop.

12 minutes ago, High Bidder said:

Or is a majority just too stupid to know what is safe behavior without the goverment telling them what to do?

People were still taking cruises a week ago. Do you really need an answer to this ?

• Like 1

And the parking lot at the north end of Canandaigua Lake was full today with over 50 trailers with no docks but the one handicapped one with a metal railing all along it for folks to hang on to and bass boat with 4 guys.. I guess the potential results could help the gene pool maybe (ie. natural selection).

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 1

Those that are being selfish are prolonging this and I'm not just referring to fisherman.  If people just listened and stayed at home for a few weeks, did the minimum travelling for essential stuff (work, groceries, etc), then maybe the season won't be written off.  I'm as antsy as the next guy here but I know I'm not going to compromise anyone at home or at work (essential business).  I'm rigging a new boat and can't wait to get it out but I will wait.

They are shutting down the launches on the north shore already, marina's are completely closed, and yet some people still head out fishing with friends up here.  They still think the spring KOL is a go however I can't see how that is possible with the 5 person limit for any public event.   

Edited by hairybumcrack
  • Like 1

Those that are being selfish are prolonging this and I'm not just referring to fisherman.  If people just listened and stayed at home for a few weeks, did the minimum travelling for essential stuff (work, groceries, etc), then maybe the season won't be written off.  I'm as antsy as the next guy here but I know I'm not going to compromise anyone at home or at work (essential business).  I'm rigging a new boat and can't wait to get it out but I will wait.

They are shutting down the launches on the north shore already, marina's are completely closed, and yet some people still head out fishing with friends up here.  They still think the spring KOL is a go however I can't see how that is possible with the 5 person limit for any public event.   

This is my first spring in retirement my boats out of storage I ordered some new stick baits i’m a couple hours away from the launch my son is an hour away from the launch I got all the Time in the world I’m staying home Easter Sunday my son and his family are staying home in Homer ,and my wife and I staying here my daughter in her house.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jimski2 said:

Sitting indoors caused my muscles to atrophy since deer season. Get outdoors when it warms up some and use your kegs to walk some at first. Sitting at a computer is a death wishl

Kegs.  mmmmmm :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Remember if your scared stay home pretty simple, take care of yourself we’re a mask, or respirator, watch abc,nbc and cnn. Follow their directions because you believe they have the facts. It’s all political do you really think they care? Wear your seat belt, wear your helmet don’t talk on phone, it’s a ticket ,MONEY maker. Simply take care of yourself and quit being dictators, and for the liberal snow flakes and sheep keep following, the Germans followed and look what happened,Live YOUR life and be free as the constitution states, not what Bill Gates, Sorous, or Warren Buffet , or Coumo ,it’s all about power.  BOY YOU SNOWFLAKES HAVE POWER IN THE KEY BOARD, 

• Like 1

Remember if your scared stay home pretty simple, take care of yourself we’re a mask, or respirator, watch abc,nbc and cnn. Follow their directions because you believe they have the facts. It’s all political do you really think they care? Wear your seat belt, wear your helmet don’t talk on phone, it’s a ticket ,MONEY maker. Simply take care of yourself and quit being dictators, and for the liberal snow flakes and sheep keep following, the Germans followed and look what happened,Live YOUR life and be free as the constitution states, not what Bill Gates, Sorous, or Warren Buffet , or Coumo ,it’s all about power.  BOY YOU SNOWFLAKES HAVE POWER IN THE KEY BOARD, 

You’re a genius in your own mind I would really like to tell you what I think of your opinion , but Blueye would bar me from the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  • Like 7

18 hours ago, chinook35 said:

You’re a genius in your own mind I would really like to tell you what I think of your opinion , but Blueye would bar me from the forum.

I think that line up to tell him what we think would far exceed any new Apple phone release event.

Edited by HBC

Well the good news is that as far as New York State goes the curve does seem to be flattening. Which makes sense. And Cuomo is now starting to talk about re opening the state. I think its a good idea for the states in the region to work together too. That being said obviously the stay at home order and other restrictions did help. I dont think anyone can dispute that part. But it will still take time. First thing is basic transportation svc and kids need to go to school then the workforce can hopefully come back.

• Like 1

Previous comment Redacted. Better things to do than grab the bait. He's hopeless.

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Hey, thork9, ask the pastors in Louisiana & Virginia about their denial of the severity of the virus.  Oops, sorry, I forgot, they’re no longer with us.  You can make your political opinion known but I guarantee a moderator will wipe mine out as soon as he sees it.