NY State stay at home order

32 minutes ago, Low Baller said:

Suckers in my local creek sound good to me. NY has enough problems right now. I'm staying in state.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Ha! Downstate definitely has problems. Oswego county (location of Mexico and pine grove launches) has had minimal exposure to Covid-19. I can tell you yesterday the launch was very busy.

3 hours ago, wrinklestar said:

you must be hungry. :lol:

I dont know anybody that eats those things.

I eat Lakers. Growing up dad pulled copper in various Adirondack lakes and they are delicious. Out of Lake O I will only smoke them though, mainly due to the sheer size we get there. The dacks lakers we always just a bit bigger than legal. 

14 minutes ago, Offshore IV said:

I eat Lakers. Growing up dad pulled copper in various Adirondack lakes and they are delicious. Out of Lake O I will only smoke them though, mainly due to the sheer size we get there. The dacks lakers we always just a bit bigger than legal. 

I am not a good judge as I like almost no fish.  Everything gets thrown back for another day unless it is clear it isnt going to make it.  Then into the deadwell. I have a few guys that love anything I bring back.  Never fished any of the adirondack lakes, it is certainly beautiful country.

You're missing out man. Folks used to live in Idian Lake. Love it up there!

I am not a good judge as I like almost no fish.  Everything gets thrown back for another day unless it is clear it isnt going to make it.  Then into the deadwell. I have a few guys that love anything I bring back.  Never fished any of the adirondack lakes, it is certainly beautiful country.

You're missing out man. Folks used to live in Idian Lake. Love it up there!

What I worry about is all the people trying to get out of the city that don’t give a crap about anyone else and bringing it with them.Changing the the subject live in the foothills of the Adirondacks I’ve fished a lot of Adirondack lakes an backwoods streams around Indian lake for 45 years it is beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

4 minutes ago, Fat Trout said:

sigh.....that's what I figured.  

It wasn’t so busy that you had to wait. Just had a more full parking lot than I would have thought. You know when the browns are biting when the lot is full. Btw, when we came back to the launch around 6 on last Wednesday (also full lot then too) my truck was the only one in the parking lot. I think a lot of folks go from like 10am-3pm 

We have a camp in speculator, last year did the Indian lake tournament and had 42 tip ups out all day with no flags. Couldn’t even get a wind trip lol
My favorite go to was Adirondack lake just out of town. Only ice fished it once, but remember watching an 8yr old boy trying to pull a 40" pike through the hole. I'm still fishing my step dads boat. Been all over up there. Usally summer vacation with half a dozen grandkids. So many 1st experiences and pics. Trying to focus on life accomplishments to get through the days. I'm sure everyone is more in touch that way. My best yrs have been beating the odds on lake O with the fat guy in a little boat. Lol. Learned so much from the folks on here. Eternally grateful.

2 minutes ago, Offshore IV said:

It wasn’t so busy that you had to wait. Just had a more full parking lot than I would have thought. You know when the browns are biting when the lot is full. Btw, when we came back to the launch around 6 on last Wednesday (also full lot then too) my truck was the only one in the parking lot. I think a lot of folks go from like 10am-3pm 

Yeah no surprise there, just jealous.  I'm using the time to get some new rigs set up.  If this lasts long enough I'm going to set a spread in my driveway.  I'm sure if I tie a raw hide on the end of a line I could get one of my dogs to pop a rigger for me.

• Like 3

I think that the stay put advice is also given to prevent people from unwittingly transporting the virus over long distances, like driving from Pennsylvania to Sandy Pond. As for Lakers, the 17 to 19 inch ones taste fine , the big ones in Lake Ontario are a lot oilier and probably loaded with PCBs because of their age. Besides, you do not want any lakers on the floor of your boat if you have carpets.

Anyway, let's hope that this virus thing will wind down fast so we can be on our merry ways.

Edited by rolmops

29 minutes ago, Offshore IV said:

We have a camp in speculator, last year did the Indian lake tournament and had 42 tip ups out all day with no flags. Couldn’t even get a wind trip lol

Nothing better than Adirondack ice fishing!  My son and I go every year for a week in February to my uncle's house and visit all the smaller lakes between Port Henry, Elizabethtown and Ticonderoga.  Some days we cant even sit in the hut the flags are going so fast...Nothing like it around Rochester...

9 minutes ago, rolmops said:

I think that the stay put advice is also given to prevent people from unwittingly transporting the virus over long distances, like driving from Pennsylvania to Sandy Pond. As for Lakers, the 17 to 19 inch ones taste fine , the big ones in Lake Ontario are a lot oilier and probably loaded with PCBs because of their age. Besides, you do not want any lakers on the floor of your boat if you have carpets.

Anyway, let's hope that this virus thing will wind down fast so we can be on our merry ways.

Yes youre right, fortunately it’s 7 miles from doorstep to launch for me so I think I’m OK.