Jump to content

NY State stay at home order


lrg355

Recommended Posts

Yeah my wife gave that to me last week I thought it was great I’m gonna wait till I have a big pot of chili before I send a sample 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 9:25 AM, wrinklestar said:

you must be hungry. :lol:

I dont know anybody that eats those things.

You are really missing out then. Similar to what happened with BBQ when snobby whites finally realized that brisket and other 'Po people's meats' were absolutely incredible prepared properly, there is treasure trove of tasty delights that are awaiting those who aren't afraid to try something new when it comes to lakers. 17" fish are awesome fried or grilled, or broiled. 5lbers incredible baked, smothered with vegetables and tomato sauce. Larger lakers , like larger salmon, are usually better smoked, served cold with crackers and sour cream and a cold landshark or similar pilsner.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, chowder said:

You are really missing out then. Similar to what happened with BBQ when snobby whites finally realized that brisket and other 'Po people's meats' were absolutely incredible prepared properly, there is treasure trove of tasty delights that are awaiting those who aren't afraid to try something new when it comes to lakers. 17" fish are awesome fried or grilled, or broiled. 5lbers incredible baked, smothered with vegetables and tomato sauce. Larger lakers , like larger salmon, are usually better smoked, served cold with crackers and sour cream and a cold landshark or similar pilsner.

I'll take your word for it.  I like almost zero fish, so I am completely catch and release.  So you are more than welcome to eat the ones I throw back.:yes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Rtrucking40 said:

So is it frowned upon to pull the boat up for a day trip right now? Im 40 mins south of binghamton dying to get out for browns while work is slow

Contact law enforcement in both areas and see what their response is.  The main consensus here is yes, 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rtrucking40 said:

So is it frowned upon to pull the boat up for a day trip right now? Im 40 mins south of binghamton dying to get out for browns while work is slow

IMHO I don't think it's a big deal UNLESS YOU ARE OUT OF STATE. Personally, I've been towing a boat around once or twice a week to fish with zero issues and passed plenty of Troopers and local police as well. I will say that I make coffee, and lunch at home and get gas at the pump with a sanitized card and sanitize my hands after pumping fuel .

Edited by chowder
add info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just for the record....I received this DEC order from a fellow boater who passed it onto a bunch of us....This came out yesterday. PLEASE DONT SHOOT THE MESSENGER...I was going to paste the whole email response but the images screw up the post. I have the original. This is no april fools joke sorry...

Response to COVID-19: A Message to Fishing Charters, Guides and Anglers

Fishing Safely This Season

A fishing rod between two peopleCharters and Guides

The "New York State on PAUSE" Executive Order, a 10-point policy to assure uniform safety for everyone during the COVID-19 response, includes a directive that all non-essential businesses statewide must close effective at 8 p.m. on Sunday, March 22, and temporarily bans all non-essential gatherings of individuals of any size for any reason.

At this time, fishing guides or charters of any size have been determined to be not essential and are subject to workforce reduction requirements of the Executive Order. The full and updated guidance on which types of businesses are determined essential and other designations associated with the order can be found online

Edited by mrclean
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Basically we can all go fishing no problem they just want it solitary for now. If you own a boat and a buddy wants to go and you can stay six feet apart were good.....Charters are non essential obviously but that will clear up soon...We all just need to be patient for now and do the best we all can. If your boat is held in a marina for personal use you should be fine and good to go....The DEC just wants us to keep the six foot distance at all times. The DEC does want us to fish, we just need that six foot distance.

Edited by mrclean
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just stay home.
Please if you need to go out and it's essential. Stay 6 feet apart. Wear a mask and gloves think about what you are touching like the gas pump,credit card machine.
My wife is a 30 plus year career nurse and my and your HERO please help protect her and everyone else.
Only all of us can beat this.

PLEASE GO FISHING JUST THINK ABOUT EVERY THING YOU DO WHEN YOU ARE OUT.

                                                            THANK YOU

 

dyj.png

JDE.png

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just stay home.
Please if you need to go out and it's essential. Stay 6 feet apart. Wear a mask and gloves think about what you are touching like the gas pump,credit card machine.
My wife is a 30 plus year career nurse and my and your HERO please help protect her and everyone else.
Only all of us can beat this.
PLEASE GO FISHING JUST THINK ABOUT EVERY THING YOU DO WHEN YOU ARE OUT.
                                                            THANK YOU
 
dyj.png.7e416f1628b25041e13aebf0695cfae8.png
JDE.thumb.png.0c6e903d64c74eb3f6220b6c87725d84.png
. I read that yesterday. I own a driving school inNY and I’m on the non essential list. Losing money but is it worth it to take a chance of spreading the virus? No way. I’m spending my time cutting my wood for next year and for a friend that can’t.Be safe.


Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, gasman2438 said:

Just stay home.
Please if you need to go out and it's essential. Stay 6 feet apart. Wear a mask and gloves think about what you are touching like the gas pump,credit card machine.
My wife is a 30 plus year career nurse and my and your HERO please help protect her and everyone else.
Only all of us can beat this.

PLEASE GO FISHING JUST THINK ABOUT EVERY THING YOU DO WHEN YOU ARE OUT.

                                                            THANK YOU

 

dyj.png

JDE.png

By the way I have my honey do list DONE but she leaves me a new one every day when she leaves for work.  LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I live in NH and I just talked to mass and NY state police and there are NO travel band in either  state. charter boats are shut down, private boats are ok as long as there are less than 10 people on board. stream fishing is ok in the rivers, streams and creeks. but good luck in finding a place to sleep unless you bring up a camper.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, sunrizecharter1 said:

I ok as long as there are less than 10 people on board.

Why on Earth can't people get past selfish self interest and do what is right for everyone concerned? Is it really that difficult?

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why on Earth can't people get past selfish self interest and do what is right for everyone concerned? Is it really that difficult?




Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

From what they are saying medically, the apex will form in NY in at least two weeks most likely longer.  To me I view that apex as say the fourth quarter of a football game meaning were really going to have to bunker down then and put this virus to sleep....Other states are starting to get more cases each day.  Its going to take and effort from all of us.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I plan to go out but the only people with me will be those from my own home.  I will socially distance

At the launch and since I don't think there will be a bathroom open that point of contact will not be an issue.

I suppose that I will have to touch the same dock clear as someone else but that is a very very narrow window of virus spread in my opinion.  Maybe I am missing something but I don't think going out is a problem if you use same precautions as anywhere else.  Charters would be another story as would travelling long distances where stops would be necessary.

 

Tight Lines and stay healthy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, mrclean said:

From what they are saying medically, the apex will form in NY in at least two weeks most likely longer.  To me I view that apex as say the fourth quarter of a football game meaning were really going to have to bunker down then and put this virus to sleep....Other states are starting to get more cases each day.  Its going to take and effort from all of us.

That is round one.   It will be back, it is going to make its way through 80% of us one way or another. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/1/2020 at 7:02 AM, mrclean said:

Basically we can all go fishing no problem they just want it solitary for now. If you own a boat and a buddy wants to go and you can stay six feet apart were good.....Charters are non essential obviously but that will clear up soon...We all just need to be patient for now and do the best we all can. If your boat is held in a marina for personal use you should be fine and good to go....The DEC just wants us to keep the six foot distance at all times. The DEC does want us to fish, we just need that six foot distance.

I believe DEC said it's also okay to fish from a boat with a family member from the same household.

Edited by MikeyP
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/23/2020 at 12:58 PM, Offshore IV said:

Ha! Downstate definitely has problems. Oswego county (location of Mexico and pine grove launches) has had minimal exposure to Covid-19. I can tell you yesterday the launch was very busy.

Yeah but Wright's will be closed until the middle of July.

Edited by MikeyP
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/1/2020 at 2:10 PM, sunrizecharter1 said:

I live in NH and I just talked to mass and NY state police and there are NO travel band in either  state. charter boats are shut down, private boats are ok as long as there are less than 10 people on board. stream fishing is ok in the rivers, streams and creeks. but good luck in finding a place to sleep unless you bring up a camper.

10 people! Now how can you stay 6 ft apart with 10 people on a boat? You got wrong info from the state police if that's what they told you! Read about it. Charter boats are grounded as non essential businesses until Cuomo lifts that ban.

Edited by MikeyP
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/1/2020 at 2:50 PM, Sk8man said:

Why on Earth can't people get past selfish self interest and do what is right for everyone concerned? Is it really that difficult?

It's the main reason why this virus has spread so fast! And there is a Mayor in NYC who was not prepared and dropped the ball.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...