for sale : usa Wanted Info

stillfishing

I prefer a Humminbird for the soul reason the is a course projection line off the front of the boat on GPS.  Makes it very easy to see where you are heading will just a quick look.  It takes a Navionics Chip also.  You could also get version G2 instead of a G3 to save money.  You can also make your own fishing maps and record bottom.  I bought the Helix 10 GPS/Combo.  No Side or Down imaging.  Just map and 2D Sonar.  Good luck

You might want to look at Simrad GO Series- they will network with your Lowrance.  I’m using one as a chart plotter with Navionics chip and very happy with it.

I have an IPad that I wanted to get more utility out of...so I added a ram mount to my console and bought a standalone GPS receiver and now I use navionics on the ipad for my chartplotting.  Shows trajectory, has all the routing, waypoints etc.  IPad does burn through batteries pretty quick if u keep the screen on constantly (which I do), I bring along an auxiliary lithium battery to run it from and it goes all day.  Allowed me to save some money on my fishfinder and get a 9” screen by getting one  without mapping.

I “upgraded” to a 9 inch hook 2 with down and side scan last year. I don’t know what the heck I’m seeing on down and side. Charts are crap until you add a $200 navionics chip. Pos freezes all the time. I sent it back twice. They don’t fix it. It’s $900 piece of junk.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United