Piece of Mind

Finally put down the swords and took my son to Fishing Creek. He's been battling addiction for over 10 yrs now. I know there's alot of folks in the same situation. He's been locked up, wrecked several cars, od'd twice. Not looking for simpithy here, having 32 yrs clean and sober myself. My point is that it's a fd up world we live in but sometimes just standing still in a favorite fishing hole can be more cleansing than imaginable. He has 9 months clean now, still alive. And yes we had a few rainbows sacrifice themselves to the fly.
Works for me! 20200425_101651_HDR1.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 8

Finally put down the swords and took my son to Fishing Creek. He's been battling addiction for over 10 yrs now. I know there's alot of folks in the same situation. He's been locked up, wrecked several cars, od'd twice. Not looking for simpithy here, having 32 yrs clean and sober myself. My point is that it's a fd up world we live in but sometimes just standing still in a favorite fishing hole can be more cleansing than imaginable. He has 9 months clean now, still alive. And yes we had a few rainbows sacrifice themselves to the fly.
Works for me! 20200425_101651_HDR1.thumb.jpeg.e9616b017d3d92b3b9aae6fb6dff88b2.jpeg

Congrats to both of you ! Oh and for catching fish to.[emoji106]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

A special congrats to both of you on staying clean and sober....not easy... but necessary and sure makes life a lot simpler and easier:yes:

• Like 1

Low baller ur post really hit home. 18 years ago I lost my way. Gave up everything I love family,friends,fishing,etc for addiction. I was just like your son. 7 years state prison, Multiple OD’s, and a father with swords up whenever I came around. Never give up. Addiction is a struggle that others can’t imagine if they haven’t lived it. 
came home in 2013 and stayed clean since. Life is great now. 
Good job, I own a house on 12acres in the country, own two boats, 2 cummins, just got married and workin on a family of my own. But most importantly my relationship with my father and my brothers are better then ever. 
     I hope you and your son the best. If I can help anyway with my experiences don’t be afraid to PM me. 

• Like 8

Looks like he needs a fishing addiction! Congrats!

Works for me! 20200425_101651_HDR1.thumb.jpeg.e9616b017d3d92b3b9aae6fb6dff88b2.jpeg

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

17 minutes ago, back on eerie 2016 said:

Looks like he needs a fishing addiction! Congrats!

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Lol. Thats what I did. Traded one addiction for another. At least I don’t think a salmon addiction has killed anyone. Althou I almost had a few heart attacks durrin some firedrills.  

• 2 weeks later...

After nine weeks off I’m back to work tomorrow. It has to happen and I think it’s the right thing to do. Longest I’ve been out of work in the last thirty years.
Other than the fact that the weather sucked it was pretty awesome to have had the time off. Oh well, time to make the donuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 2

After nine weeks off I’m back to work tomorrow. It has to happen and I think it’s the right thing to do. Longest I’ve been out of work in the last thirty years.
Other than the fact that the weather sucked it was pretty awesome to have had the time off. Oh well, time to make the donuts.

Glad your back to work. I’m not as glad as the Toms are though lol [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, whaler1 said:

Great to hear your getting back to work, currently furloughed myself and it is not cool.  Dunkin commercial takes me back

• Like 1

There is a old group for people who have nervous problems.Its called Recovery Inc.It was founded By Dr.Abraham Low a few years after AA started in 1937.They(former patients) teach you a method of will training You can handle stress a lot easier I was a group leader for over 25 years.Now I concentrate more on fellow veterans and my fishing..www.recovery-inc.org.Its also free.

Good stuff John. I've spent the last few years guiding deer and goose hunts for fellow vets and law enforcement. One of my stepsons is a Pa State Trooper so he's always getting guys to come out. We have alot of fun even when the hunt is unsuccessful. Great people, all with similar life struggles. It's all about paying it forward. If it wasn't for a stranger helping me 30 some years ago, well you know the drill. I'm no professional but if anyone wants to go or just shoot the sh#t just pm me. I'm in the southeast pa area.
Works for me.

• Like 1