Piece of Mind

In reviewing the comments on this thread a number of emotions are evoked regarding the willingness of fellow fishermen to share their own personal struggles and the importance of learning more constructive ways of adaptation and dealing with stress through sports such as fishing and hunting. The current Corona Virus situation although very tragic in so many ways has also offered some positives that might not be readily apparent from first glance, but may be a window into our culture and the importance of re-evaluating our own life situations. Many people have had an unusual amount of time away from the immediate stressors and pressures of their jobs, and the freight train pace of everyday life which can afford the opportunity to reflect on what is truly important in life. It also has allowed the opportunity to assess what may have been taken for granted along the way in our everyday life in this current culture of ours including the value of spending concentrated time with of family members, especially children, the importance of maintaining relationships with those folks we care about, the fact that there is a lot of good going on in the world  from good people despite the depressing news accounts, and the fact that money doesn't buy everything including "happiness". I know I have gained an increased appreciation of the many liberties and personal freedoms curtailed by the current virus situation and just things such as shooting the bull with other fishermen at the launch ramps, shopping at stores without masks, and so many other facets of life that have been done without conscious thought for a lifetime. Lets hope that we can make the most of this unfortunate situation by being increasingly sensitive to and appreciative of those things that are important to us such as mutual respect for others and their opinions, presenting ourselves as good role models for the next generation, and taking full advantage of the good things life has to offer without taking them for granted. Life is short.

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Low Baller said:

Works for me Les. The hardest thing to do as a human is to look in the mirror. Some days I don't like that guy either, but I sleep good. Thanks for your continued encouragement.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

10-12 years ago I hated that guy in the mirror. I lost alot of years of My life becouse of him. Now adays I respect that guy and no longer hate him. Sleepin at night is definitely much easier now after a hard days work. 

21 hours ago, Low Baller said:

Tomorrow's another day Hachimo. I'd like to sit around the launch over coffee someday. Alot of good folks here. Putting a face to the names would be gratifying. Keep it tight.

Sit around the launch over coffee???

I would like to do one better.
I’d be honored to have you, or Have you and Your son jump aboard my boat sometime for a morning or evening trip. If your close to Mexico and wanna do it sometime send me a PM. 

Ran to Wallenpaupack yesterday in search of what ever bites. Had my nephew, stepson and his friend from the PSP. Took both boats, still trying to follow some protocol. Great day on the water, slow fishing but had to leave before the evening bite because all Pa state police were activated. Rick and his partner Ryan took off for Harrisburg, 2 1/2 hr hump. Traded his fishing gear and flip flops for riot gear and headed for Philly. So much for social distancing. latest.jpeg

• Like 1

Yea Clarke,

Its a shame the PSP has to drop what there doin and leave there family,friends, and loved ones To go maintain order in areas of chaos.  And for what????   One BAD officer committed murder while on the job, so take it out on all on the force.  
    But when a plumber  commited Mass murder with an AR at a Bar In California, people Didn’t criticize other plumbers ,did They???No blame The AR. 

This is absolutely ridiculous. But yet, Lets protest and burn our local shops and buildings down, and when something happens to me I’m gonna call 911 for help. 
I apologize for the rant. 

I can honestly say I dont think I’ve ever been this p*ssed off over current events! 

Edited by Hachimo
  • Like 1

I'm totally disgusted, I love my country, take the good with the bad, but this is off the hook. Nothing good is going to come from this. The line in the sand grows deeper. Sad

I too am disgusted. One fellow American was murdered by a police officer while three other police officers stood there and didn’t prevent this murder and afterwards wrote a false statement. Yes there should not have been any looting. But the anger was justified.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  • Like 1

Anger at those who were involved absolutely. They are a disgrace to the force IN my opinion .  1st degree murder charges and conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder. Life sentences. Make an example out of these guys of what happens when an officer goes rogue. 
    But take it out on all of the police force across the country is just absurd.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, whaler1 said:

Anger yes, actions no.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

X2   I know a of of folks want the 1st degree murder charge (harder to prove the intent and premeditation despite the video) but I think  there is less chance of him being acquitted with the current charges and hopefully they will throw the book at him.

Edited by Sk8man

I personally am having a hard time with what I am seeing . I don't want to watch it but can't turn away . The images speak for themselves. 

I feel we are on the verge or are in a modern day civil war . 

The willingness of some to blatantly break the law, steal from others , destroy their property , and assault some that try to stop them,or are different ,  and revel in their actions is appalling. And each night they seem to be more emboldened. 

And using a tragic incident to justify it . This is not about George anymore . 

Our public officials and law enforcement are suppose to stop this from happening . It's their sworn duty . But I feel are handcuffed by Mayors / leaders that are in over their heads on this . 

To many of these " peacefull " protests turn ugly . And neighborhoods that were not as affluent , are now destroyed .And business owners lives are destroyed.  Talk about crapping in your mess kit . And  the thugs who did it don't seem to care or are not smart enough to . And are allowed to get   away with it . 

Who in their right mind would want to live or start a business in these areas or even want to go there? When businesses pull out we will here the outcry of discrimination . And the demand for tax dollars to rebuild it . And they will get it to pacify  them . 

The hatred I see for law enforcement and fellow Americans also  disturbs me .

A while back we saw people throwing water on officers and them taking it . Look at where we are now . 

Many of the protesters engage in the same bigotry towards the police and others they claim to be victims of . 

Our leaders better squash this quick .   They know what needs to be done . They just need to find the guts to do it . 

But I think some secretly approve . 

God bless America 

We need it . 

• Like 3

After the death where three other officers did nothing, the rest of the department disappeared and failed to follow their oath to protect life and property. Seems to me the whole department should be suspended for them to tell their story. The State Police and County Sheriff failed to mutual aid there. Then things really got out of order for the thieves took over nation wide.