Piece of Mind

Today's news of what happened in DC  was  disheartening  .Peaceful protesters attacked with teargas and battens .All for a photo op.for him.

Dr.Abraham Low famous quote."Peace is the purpose of life.To keep yourself and all those around you peaceful".He also said in times we are in you must put intellect over emotion.Of course we should always apply that rule

Now back to fishing ,good salmon action expected this week,

• Like 1

Is that the peacefull   protest where they pushed over the barricades or were throwing bricks ? Or the one where they flipped over police cars and torched them and screamed in the officers faces  ?  Or one where they tried to rip the flag from the old vet and abused him  ? 

Or was it the one in Roch where they beat the girl with a 2x4 ? Or one of many more ,should I go on . ? 

Just to clarify . 

Edited by HB2
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, john1947 said:

Today's news of what happened in DC  was  disheartening  .Peaceful protesters attacked with teargas and battens .All for a photo op.for him.

Dr.Abraham Low famous quote."Peace is the purpose of life.To keep yourself and all those around you peaceful".He also said in times we are in you must put intellect over emotion.Of course we should always apply that rule

Now back to fishing ,good salmon action expected this week,

Nasty storms today, downed trees, patio furniture all over. Total chaos. Reminded me of who's in charge. Took advantage of a 5 hr window and ran to Mauch Chunk lake. Only guy here, surface temp dropped 4° since last week. Perfect. Favorite spinner bait and a perch challenger. 3 pickerel and 6 bass. Moral of the story, just when hope is fading it just takes a little peace to fix it. Worked for me. 20200603_160500.jpeg20200603_165121.jpeg20200603_154636.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Nice post but we better keep our eye on the ball . 

The future of our country and your freedom and security is hanging on by 

The skin of its teeth . 

This is real so don't discount it . 

Not discounting anything, but we all could use a hot meal and some shut eye before humping the next hill.

Not to mention that it will give us time to think about things with a cooler state of mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  • Like 1

I would like to make a formal apology to Chinook 35 , Signalman, and all fellow skippers for my knee jerk reaction on Dan P's thread. I recommend to all fellow small crafters to spend numerous hours educating yourselves about the risks of big water. If it wasn't for a bunch of caring folks on this site I probably wouldn't be doing it. Having grown up a salt, and admiring my father's seamanship, it's just natural to want to be out there. How can you not. I've been waved off the O by Coast Guard, taken on water to your feet, towed fellow boaters to port, traded info, etc. Always wear pfds, extra bilge, extra gas, several mayday cotacts, anything you can think of. But know that when she hits you in the face you need to get out quickly. I understand that most captains earn a living on the O, alot frown on small crafters catching inshore skips, and staging salmon. This year has been in our favor so it's a responsibility to educate us on how serious this sh#t is. Every season they pull boats and people off the bottom. Have seen it 1st hand, as I'm sure alot of you could tell some stories. So I'm just a fat guy in a little boat dreaming for the day of running with wind at my back. Goodluck, good fishing, and be humble. Works for me. .........sometimes.

• Thanks 1