Storing Down Rigger Weights and misc. tool storage

Good evening, I am preparing a 1775 Lund and trying to be as organized as possible. I fish alone with my twin boys and organization is key. I have torpedo weights and Cannon balls. What is the best way to store these when not being used? Also, is there a simple box to use for misc. tools like scissors, needle nose pliers and various tools to use on the boat.

I had a cannon ball bouncing around in my side compartment. It wore the insulation on some wiring and I smelled a wire burning smell as I was motoring along. Fortunately I discovered the wire quickly after stopping the boat to investigate. Store your cannonballs in a wooden box and do not set them where wires are laying.

The shark type weights I bought from bikinibottom came with a wooden box with compartment separations that each of my three weights sit in and it is the "nuts" No sliding around and I have room for needle nose pliers and a knife etc as well. The bottom has felt on it to keep from scratching anything.

The shark type weights I bought from bikinibottom came with a wooden box with compartment separations that each of my three weights sit in and it is the "nuts" No sliding around and I have room for needle nose pliers and a knife etc as well. The bottom has felt on it to keep from scratching anything.

Is the box homemade?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yes Rich  (bikinibottom) made it and it was a great idea. It would work fine for the torpedos as well. It is lined with a towel type material as well so no noise. Simple yet elegant solution to storage in my opinion.:smile: Much smaller than a crate etc. and stores at the side near the gunwale under the passenger side captain seat.

Yes Rich  (bikinibottom) made it and it was a great idea. It would work fine for the torpedos as well. It is lined with a towel type material as well so no noise. Simple yet elegant solution to storage in my opinion.:smile: Much smaller than a crate etc. and stores at the side near the gunwale under the passenger side captain seat.

That is a brilliant idea and very secure.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app